Positive report about Subaru of America(SOA)

My experience recently with SOA was very positive. While on a drive in our 72,000 mile 2016 Forester, my wife opened the cover for the seldom used sunroof only to find a crack in the glass. I called SOA and they asked me to make an appointment at a dealer to see if there was a reason for the crack and to see about them offering any financial help to replace it.

At the appointment, the technicians could not find any reason why the glass cracked. The dealer had the glass in stock so we contacted SOA and after short period of waiting, SOA said that they would replace the glass as a good will gesture. I am thankful for the fast response and the fact that they covered the costs of replacing the glass. They replaced it that day thus saving us another 4 hour round trip to the dealer for replacement.

Thank you to Nicole at SOA for all the care that they gave me during this service visit. I am happy to give them the credit that they deserve.

I've heard positive things about the Subaru dealership experience, although the folks I know with newer Subaru's seem to be getting to experience it more often than I'd like.. haha

Glad they are able to help you out.. I dread the first time I have to take my truck to the local Ram dealer just from what I've heard about them.. Maybe I'll never have to as my warranty is up in Nov and I've had no issues.

Glad they fixed your sunroof glass for free, they were under no obligation to do that. I have been following the 2015 Crosstrek owner in another forum who now has over 970,000 miles on the car. The original FB20 engine lasted 634,000 miles on 0W20 motor oil changed every 12,000 miles.

wait what...almost 1m in 5yrs time.. 16k/month x 60months 960k...4k/week... I realize inception stat time plays a role in this but this is insane #'s

Good for you. SOA wouldn't cough up $1,200.00 for me. So they lost out on a $40,000.00 Ascent sale.

The guy with 970,000 miles on his five year old Subaru Crosstrek can be found by searching for: Long term testing Crosstrek community discussions. The owner is a medical courier by profession and drives more than 800 miles per day. The new car was past warranty just two months after he bought it. I like the part about him using 0W20 oil changed every 12,000 miles, and the original Subaru 2.0 engine lasting for 634,000 miles.

My 17 Outback is occasionally smoking on start up, has a idler pulley rattle With only 56k on the odometer. Dealer maintained since new. I would consider contacting SOA but I’m sick of the runaround from dealers. Lost all faith in Subaru. 4th one I’ve had. After this eventually blows up I’m not buying another.

seeing they had the glass in stock that usually means it not an uncommon failure. i bet its common enough that subaru rather fix it and call it good will , instead of waiting for the gov to force them to recall it. people that have to pay to fix it will complain and those that get it fixed for free mostly keep quiet .

My 17 Outback is occasionally smoking on start up, has a idler pulley rattle With only 56k on the odometer. Dealer maintained since new. I would consider contacting SOA but I’m sick of the runaround from dealers. Lost all faith in Subaru. 4th one I’ve had. After this eventually blows up I’m not buying another.

How much oil is it using?

A friend had the engine of his 2014 WRX replaced under warranty due to piston ringland manufacturing defects that resulted in excessive oil consumption.

They sent me a nice hiking backpack after my AC woes recently.

I do love my Forester. Unfortunately I doubt I'll have it much longer, I really need a pickup.

Back