Porsche's EV looks good

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://carbuzz.com/news/porsche-declares-hunting-season-open-against-tesla

The Teycan looks to be a direct Tesla fighter. Possibly near 300 mile range and about 600HP. 0-60 is said to be 3.5 seconds.

I like the concept version much better....

Production version:

[Linked Image]

Concept:

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Concept looks like an elongated cayman where only a small child can sit in the back whereas the production version looks more sedan-ish. Another nail in the Tesla coffin.

Many others coming. But all will be out of date as new batteries are developed. The current lithium ions catch fire and explode, including our power tool and other batteries. Toyota and others are working on new batteries that have much greater power density and don't explode. A Chevy Bolt with DC charging can be had for 23k out the door after getting all rebates in places. BTW I asked about new Volts when I was at the dealer for oil change and tire rotation and they said they are sold out and have a waiting list if one can be found. I have a hunch Toyota is gong to introduce something that will be the next big step for EVs. I know people who have Tesla and Bolt, but also another gas car. A pure EV alone is too much hassle for many Americans.

I'd love a full EV, if the price and range was right. I wouldn't mind heading to a gas station one bit... But I really would want 200 mile range minimum on a single charge, as a requirement, especially if no backup gas tank.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
And I thought our EV was expensive...

Porsche believe it or not is a Latin word for expensive.

Looks awesome! Can't see the pics though, I've seen it elsewhere...

On the horizon, VW is dumping mega millions to produce a "electric car for the masses". When that hits the market all these niche electric cars will need to lower their prices dramatically.

Originally Posted by Farnsworth
Many others coming. But all will be out of date as new batteries are developed. The current lithium ions catch fire and explode, including our power tool and other batteries. Toyota and others are working on new batteries that have much greater power density and don't explode. A Chevy Bolt with DC charging can be had for 23k out the door after getting all rebates in places. BTW I asked about new Volts when I was at the dealer for oil change and tire rotation and they said they are sold out and have a waiting list if one can be found. I have a hunch Toyota is gong to introduce something that will be the next big step for EVs. I know people who have Tesla and Bolt, but also another gas car. A pure EV alone is too much hassle for many Americans.

Toyota and Panasonic are forming an alliance and a new subsidiary company to work in this arena. Panasonic has been working on battery technology for many years and is considered the tops in that field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back