Porsche Taycan. UK realworld fast charge experience at public charging station. Neat video

You talking about dealer markup over MSRP? Is that going on in the EV world too?
No. MSRP. There are no strippie Taycans; they come with optional equipment.
Most cars tend to be $30K over base price. You might find 1 that is only $20K over base price.
Just visit your local Porsche dealer online and see what they cost.

Tesla has no dealers and there are only a couple of choices buying a car.
For a Model 3 you pick car (std range, long range or Performance), color, wheel (std or alloy), interior (std black or white) and FSD (yes or no).

Most cars tend to be $30K over base price. You might find 1 that is only $20K over base price.
I bet if some really wanted a stripped down Taycan model they could special order it.

You talking about dealer markup over MSRP? Is that going on in the EV world too?

Yes. that happens.
There simply are no "MSRP" cars available- except Tesla.

Like the mythical 59K C8 vette that hasn't existed for 2 years now.

Remember what a big deal the 35K tesla was that no one wanted anyway after they made it available?
It was simply bagging on tesla. No one says squat when the other guys do it with no intention of making good and not keeping their dealer network in check at all.

Didn’t need its own thread, but the press is driving the updated Taycan this week. Beastly charging!

332 kW at 39%
300 kW at 60%

MotorTrend was above 310 kW until 62% and peaked at 323 kW.

The revolutionary, groundbreaking, industry destroying Cybertruck and Tesla 4680 cells can only charge at 100 kW at 60%

Last edited:
Didn’t need its own thread, but the press is driving the updated Taycan this week. Beastly charging!

332 kW at 39%
300 kW at 60%

MotorTrend was above 310 kW until 62% and peaked at 323 kW.

The revolutionary, groundbreaking, industry destroying Cybertruck and Tesla 4680 cells can only charge at 100 kW at 60%

It's kind of funny really. The Cybertruck could benefit from charging faster due to 800V architecture but there's no way for the current Superchargers to do it. That's the case with the Magic Dock Superchargers with any other 800V cars. It would be faster for those 800V CCS cars to use a 350kw charger from Electrify America or the like and the Cybertruck can't even benefit from that.

It's kind of funny really. The Cybertruck could benefit from charging faster due to 800V architecture but there's no way for the current Superchargers to do it. That's the case with the Magic Dock Superchargers with any other 800V cars. It would be faster for those 800V CCS cars to use a 350kw charger from Electrify America or the like and the Cybertruck can't even benefit from that.

on Cyber - Can it though? It may benefit from a boost early on, but Im going to guess that will fade quickly maybe not.

It looks like they Tacan is getting closer to its promised numbers.

on Cyber - Can it though? It may benefit from a boost early on, but Im going to guess that will fade quickly maybe not.

It looks like they Tacan is getting closer to its promised numbers.
That's what I mean. The Cybertruck can't benefit from its 800V setup for charging. The Porsche can because CCS is capable of 800V.

I had to do a little research and it seems the V4 Superchargers are capable of 1000V which is about what the CCS 350kw run at for 800V vehicles when charging. I believe the Supercharger is still limited to 250kW regardless though. I was under the understanding that output to the car is in the 600V-650V range which is too low for max charging on an 800V car.

I'm definitely not an expert on the situation but I did hear plenty of talk that the 800V setup in the Cybertruck would take a bit to see advantages due to the current charging network. I'm sure any changes will be accelerated as more Teslas get it. Tesla intentionally said they were sticking with 400V for the longest time and now they're behind in supporting 800V.

That's what I mean. The Cybertruck can't benefit from its 800V setup for charging. The Porsche can because CCS is capable of 800V.

I had to do a little research and it seems the V4 Superchargers are capable of 1000V which is about what the CCS 350kw run at for 800V vehicles when charging. I believe the Supercharger is still limited to 250kW regardless though. I was under the understanding that output to the car is in the 600V-650V range which is too low for max charging on an 800V car.

I'm definitely not an expert on the situation but I did hear plenty of talk that the 800V setup in the Cybertruck would take a bit to see advantages due to the current charging network. I'm sure any changes will be accelerated as more Teslas get it. Tesla intentionally said they were sticking with 400V for the longest time and now they're behind in supporting 800V.

Pretty sure Cyber is 1KV. On a V4 charger it would no doubt jump ahead of the 400V version, but I suspect it would roll off soon after the first 30% or so.

Pretty sure Cyber is 1KV. On a V4 charger it would no doubt jump ahead of the 400V version, but I suspect it would roll off soon after the first 30% or so.
To be honest I really don't know. I'd have to do some research to find out. I just know previously that 800V cars haven't been able to pull more than the 650V output of the Supercharger, but that may have been V3.

Tesla has no dealers and there are only a couple of choices buying a car.
For a Model 3 you pick car (std range, long range or Performance), color, wheel (std or alloy), interior (std black or white) and FSD (yes or no).
It kind of reminds me of my favorite car I've ever owned, the 2004 GTO. What color do you want and do you want to shift it yourself? That's the whole options list. 2005 and 2006 got the option of another set of wheels, but really the same case. There were some dealer options available, but those came from a separate catalog, not unlike Tesla's OEM accessories.

I really don't think there's much to be gained from having an insane options list. Most of us want a well equipped car anyway. Some of this stuff should just be standard, especially improved LED lighting and adaptive cruise.

I really don't think there's much to be gained from having an insane options list. Most of us want a well equipped car anyway. Some of this stuff should just be standard, especially improved LED lighting and adaptive cruise.
Standardization allows for mass production efficiency, resulting in better margins. Complex BOMS are a manufacturing nightmare that continues through the useful life of the product.

Back