Porsche Cayman OCI.

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
I remember test driving a Cayman in late 2005 or early 2006.
I still have the thick booklet here somewhere.
In that book it boasted about 20, 000 mile oil changes.

The salesperson said no it's 10k miles. I told him that may be so but the book says 20k.

Without the book he still argued.
Pretty stupid all these years later but I wonder if it was really 20k mile oci or a typo??

I loved the car but at that time it was the wrong choice.
The Lincoln dealer was the Porsche dealer too.
I drove off with a black Lincoln LS V8 but I was a bit sad :(

Found the book. Served as a coaster a few times 😥

20211109_095602(1).jpg
20211109_095802.jpg

So is the sludge removal a free service at the Porsche dealership?
Who says there will be sludge?

Got a Porsche that you’ve owned, and on which you’ve changed the oil using a good oil that meets Porsche A40?

Porsche isn’t stupid, they build their engines with huge oil sumps, and their A40 is a hard spec to meet.

Got a Porsche that you’ve owned, and on which you’ve changed the oil using a good oil that meets Porsche A40?

Porsche isn’t stupid, they build their engines with huge oil sumps, and their A40 is a hard spec to meet.
You know this crowd Astro.
If I bought one tomorrow and said I was doing 20k changes I'd be beaten silly on here...lol

A friend of mine had a Porsche SUV, I think it held 14 quarts? In that case, yeah maybe it could go 20k....but I'm tellin ya there would be copious amounts of sludge!!!!

You know this crowd Astro.
If I bought one tomorrow and said I was doing 20k changes I'd be beaten silly on here...lol
And if you said you were doing 5K OCIs you'd be beaten silly.

I had a 2006 Cayman S that we used as a autocross and hill climber. I changed the oil once a year using M1 0W-40. It had 57k miles on it when I sold it. I pulled the pan off at about 50k miles and installed a larger sump with baffles, etc. There was almost no debris in the bottom of the pan. and the bottom end of the engine was very clean. The car was not babied in it's life and held up remarkably well.

I remember test driving a Cayman in late 2005 or early 2006.
I still have the thick booklet here somewhere.
In that book it boasted about 20, 000 mile oil changes.

The salesperson said no it's 10k miles. I told him that may be so but the book says 20k.

Without the book he still argued.
Pretty stupid all these years later but I wonder if it was really 20k mile oci or a typo??
Perhaps the manual meant to say 20k kilometers? lol

Seems the basic Cayman was just over 8 quarts...some say 8.75 to hit the top mark. Good bit of oil.

Back