Porsche Cayenne -Blower motor ?

Have the original non-AGM H9 in my '12 Touareg.

I charge it now and then but know I'm probably on borrowed time.
i just changed a factory varta h9 in a 06 cayenne. didn’t surprise me, i used to part out bmws and some had almost 20 year old original batteries

you’ve got a while to go

Ok. Battery is swapped so not going to worry about that anymore. I was under impression an AGM battery had a lifespan of 5-8 years.

Unfortunately, no change in blower motor situation Though . It Has stopped working again.

Ok. Battery is swapped so not going to worry about that anymore. I was under impression an AGM battery had a lifespan of 5-8 years.

Unfortunately, no change in blower motor situation Though . It Has stopped working again.
Glad to hear the batt is now new, shouldn't have to worry about it for quite a few years. Sorry to hear that didn't solve the problem. As others have mentioned, sounds like an intermittent connection problem, bad relay (if yours has one), or bad/cold solder joint somewhere. I hope it is something easy to fix once found. Your persistence will triumph and you will eventually find the issue.

just not sure if its worth trying a OEM blower motor or biting the bullet and taking to dealer. Hate to keep throwing parts at it.

Roofless VW- IS the durametric you mentioned worth looking into and do you think it would pinpoint my issue?

just not sure if its worth trying a OEM blower motor or biting the bullet and taking to dealer. Hate to keep throwing parts at it.

Roofless VW- IS the durametric you mentioned worth looking into and do you think it would pinpoint my issue?
I recommend VCDS/Durametric to any VW/Audi/Porsche owner that intends to DIY.

You can use VCDS (cheaper) or OBDEleven (even cheaper) but you need to make an adapter harness to swap pins 2 & 6 so you can access modules 01 & 02.

Diagnostic software should help you pinpoint the cause.

Do you still have the original blower motor? Does this work intermittently like the replacement does? You need to see if you can find a pattern to what’s going on. Really you need a correct wiring diagram to test the system when the fault is happening

I throw out original blower motor shortly after replacing as the the new one worked immediately,

It’s not unheard of for vag resistor packs to fail, what I would call a hedgehog because of its cooling spikes. But I don’t want to advise you to put more guess money into it. Might be worth pricing a oem part up and consider your options based on cost.

I suggest bending over and taking it to the dealer.
Yes, it probably will be a pricy fix, but if you have any future issues with it at least it'll be covered by them (and it'll be on them to ensure the problem has been diagnosed properly).

It'll probably be cheaper and less frustrating than constantly throwing new parts at it.
Chalk it up to a pricey learning experience.

Finally made some progres. Found a suggestion over on a Porsche forum to check a connection that has been getting wet and had a lot of corrosion

so now have to figure out what it was getting wet and how to correct

Attachments

• 27DD1991-EBC4-446C-B369-8B91AB82B689.jpeg
    27DD1991-EBC4-446C-B369-8B91AB82B689.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 69A7E010-8E5D-4202-A12C-BDCEDA78DD3E.jpeg
    69A7E010-8E5D-4202-A12C-BDCEDA78DD3E.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 39
  • B9CC6F85-25AD-49A7-9EF5-9864491A9C85.jpeg
    B9CC6F85-25AD-49A7-9EF5-9864491A9C85.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 40
on the older fat cayenne the ac drain is notorious for getting blocked. i found the tube collapsed and it needed a hose inserted to keep it open

If you expect to keep a car for some years and have even elementary DIY skills the OEM shop manual is a good investment. In a case like this one you'd have the info to see what conditions can cause the blower to stop, plus you'll know how to hook up power to test it. Some manuals give step-by-step troubleshooting procedures. Saving even one unneeded blower (or other significant part) over the life of the car pays for that manual.

I once replaced a girlfriend when I looked at the manual for her car. It was an Audi.

sounds like the sunroom drains can cause this issue and we do regularly take it though a carwash that might be overwhelming a partially clogged drain. Plan to pull sunroom drains apart to check

Back