Porsche Cayenne -Blower motor ?

I can look on Elsa at a Q7 when I’m back at work and get you the pin assignment. What year is the Porsche?
Audi does not have a direct equivalent to the 958.1/2 Cayenne or 7P Touareg. The Q7 went from the first gen platform straight to the third gen.

@jdw1222 Have you scanned the car yet? VCDS/Durametric should call out the failing part in no uncertain terms.

RE: the pins on the blower.

What colors are the wires going to the blower? The two larger pins should be power/ground and the ground should be brown.

Ah I was thinking it was a earlier car. Dunno why when it says 2014 in the first post.
Must be someone who works at VW around that can get the wiring diagram

Not sure what to do. Was about to drop the blower again to test it and now it is working fine. so problem is intermittent

We have since picked up a false tire pressure reading, showing a warning and a -4 psi on front passenger tire. Wondering if we have something failing electronically? causing these issues

(since we purchased the vehicle a couple years ago the radio has had a couple "quirks" also. it will randomly change every 5-10 seconds from a couple of the stations. If i tune to 107.1 it will go back and forth between 2 stations every 10 seconds or so

not sure We haven't replaced but have only had car maybe 1.5years I just pulled the seat and am guessing its original? I see a 14 stamped on negative terminal

It is showing 12.4 v but i dont have anyway to load test

you thinking it might be good idea to go ahead and swap out? (and if so Is an AGM the way to go?)

Attachments

• 57FAAF64-29BD-46ED-8B15-41BF229EE39E.jpeg
    57FAAF64-29BD-46ED-8B15-41BF229EE39E.jpeg
    163.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 21E4FC17-CB90-4736-B49C-FBB2F9CC3670.jpeg
    21E4FC17-CB90-4736-B49C-FBB2F9CC3670.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 74D1841F-C940-4F5C-B2A3-E2FEEB62C5EA.jpeg
    74D1841F-C940-4F5C-B2A3-E2FEEB62C5EA.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
not sure We haven't replaced but have only had car maybe 1.5years I just pulled the seat and am guessing its original? I see a 14 stamped on negative terminal

It is showing 12.4 v but i dont have anyway to load test

you thinking it might be good idea to go ahead and swap out? (and if so Is an AGM the way to go?)
Yeah, if it is that old and only 12.4V then it would be a good idea to change it. You may want to have it tested first but I would think about changing it. AGM will most likely be your best option, I think the vehicle charging system is designed for that type of battery. Also, you may want to find out if your vehicle electronics requires a "Battery reset" via an OBD2 programmer or computer that allows the electronics to adapt to the new battery.

I recently replaced an original Varta battery in a 2015 MB that measured about the same as what you are measuring, 12.4V; the manufacturer date was in 2014. The battery tested at less than 50% capacity. The new battery has helped with starting and other things.

One reason for the AGM is that your car may use quite an extensive amount of electric and electronic functions once the vehicle is shut off (electric coolant pump to keep the coolant circulating, fans, electric hatch, etc..). This is true for the 2015 MB I mentioned compared to other vehicles I have maintained.

The Cayenne/Touareg just needs the installed battery specified. If you replace with the same type there is no coding needed. H9 AGM is the largest and definitely the way to go.

I can't say wether or not your battery is the issue. It may not be at all but I know things can start to get weird with low voltage.

I still wonder what faults you have kicking around in there. I scanned a friend's Passat and it had 11 stored faults. Only the ABS fault triggered a warning light. The rest were in other modules.

If you start the engine and switch it off 5 times in a row does it still start up fine or has it started to struggle or not start?

The Cayenne/Touareg just needs the installed battery specified. If you replace with the same type there is no coding needed. H9 AGM is the largest and definitely the way to go.

I can't say wether or not your battery is the issue. It may not be at all but I know things can start to get weird with low voltage.

I still wonder what faults you have kicking around in there. I scanned a friend's Passat and it had 11 stored faults. Only the ABS fault triggered a warning light. The rest were in other modules.
Ok. I Plan to go that route. so a new h9 AGM wouldn’t require any thing other than the swap itself

Ok. I Plan to go that route. so a new h9 AGM wouldn’t require any thing other than the swap itself
I'm hesitant to explicitly recommended replacing the battery as I don't have the car in front of me. It's something I would check though.

Make sure you charge the battery before installing.

I'm hesitant to explicitly recommended replacing the battery as I don't have the car in front of me. It's something I would check though.

Make sure you charge the battery before installing.
I think at this point it makes sense for me to go ahead and swap out. Looks like an original battery which would be at least 7 years old. I am just unsure if anything special has to be coded / programmed with the swap out.

got it swapped out. hopefully this helps. Will post back with update

with the limited diagnostic capability i have i did get the following fault

Attachments

• C9FDC4B7-70AF-4A1D-9087-925AC0CA8DA4.jpeg
    C9FDC4B7-70AF-4A1D-9087-925AC0CA8DA4.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 15
I think at this point it makes sense for me to go ahead and swap out. Looks like an original battery which would be at least 7 years old. I am just unsure if anything special has to be coded / programmed with the swap out.
Greetings-
Just a question- but what does a battery have to do with this blower and other equipment if the car is running normally and no indication of low charging or electrical malfunction is indicated ( low voltage ) ? Car starts normally too so even the indicated 12.4 appears fine.
Like to know if a new battery helps...

Greetings-
Just a question- but what does a battery have to do with this blower and other equipment if the car is running normally and no indication of low charging or electrical malfunction is indicated ( low voltage ) ? Car starts normally too so even the indicated 12.4 appears fine.
Like to know if a new battery helps...
The car is slam full of modules and low voltage can send you on a wild goose chase.

The car is slam full of modules and low voltage can send you on a wild goose chase.
Thank you. Agree with that but no indication of low running voltage unless OP did not provide the whole story. All
he has to do is measure voltage at his power and ground at motor. Work backward to module

Since I already had seat removed and battery exposed and determined battery was original I felt It made sense to go ahead and swap. Figured best to replace nowsince it was nearing end of life cycle instead of having issues later on and when changing might be less convenient, and hopefully in turn eliminating an issue

given the location i’d say that battery could’ve easily had another 5-10 years of faithful service left in it

Back