popular tire size

Here is my problem. I won a raffle for a pair of new tires. The problem is that I don't have a vehicle that will be needing new tires for at least a couple years. Seems that everybody I know doesn't need tires either. Sooo, I figured just get the new tires and put them up for sale for say 1/2 price or so. Now I can choose from most any size in the price range. What size would be the easiest to sell. No large pickup tires.
Probably the first of my vehicles to need tires would be the 98 mustang and it has 205/65/15 tires.

check sold listings on eBay (only check off ended auctions or listing, what people list stuff for doesn’t matter). Popular size might sell quickly, oddball size might be a little slower to sell but sell for more.

Can you choose brand? If you are just going to sell them, why go for the most common when you can go for more expensive, but still fairly common? What is the price range?

Frankly if you were going to sell them at 1/2 price, I would just get what YOU will need in a couple years. It's not ideal to start out with tires two years old, but that's not half their lifespan but it's half the cost so you should come out ahead.

Can you choose brand? If you are just going to sell them, why go for the most common when you can go for more expensive, but still fairly common? What is the price range?

Frankly if you were going to sell them at 1/2 price, I would just get what YOU will need in a couple years. It's not ideal to start out with tires two years old, but that's not half their lifespan but it's half the cost so you should come out ahead.
I think maybe that is what I will do.

.....What size would be the easiest to sell. No large pickup tires.....

....The No. 1 replacement passenger tire size in the U.S. in 2019 was 225/65R17, according to data from the U.S. Tire Manufacturers Association. The No. 1 replacement light truck tire size was LT 265/70R17, USTMA reported....

All of our cars have 14,15, 16,17 the 14 and 15 are extremely hard to get now. I don’t know what I will do about tires for the beetle the size says 165/R15 on one set on the back so I don’t know what the middle needs to be and then on the front it still has two bias ply tires on it. I am considering buying an extra set for my truck of 265/75R14 since they had a very limited selection last time for me to choose from anywhere.

Back