Popeye's Cajun fried flounder sandwich

Au contraire mon frere. Whenever I came across a combination KFC/Long John Silver shop, my mind immediately thought JACKPOT! Whether it is fish or chicken beneath the batter is beside the point. Because if its friable and edible, its always deliciousable. Greasy fried goodness never disappoints.

What kind of combinations have you seen? I see a few Yum! combinations like KFC/Taco Bell or even KFC/Pizza Hut Express. One I like is the combo KFC/A&W because they typically have that scratch-made root beer.

5d826ac09baa2f8843acb8cba0fcbbbb.jpg

The chicken sandwich at Popeyes is one of my favorites. I had the fish sandwich today and I did enjoy it but I still think the chicken is better.

I checked the price. Unfortunately I can only one place (in Oakland), as I can't see prices unless the place is open. This might not be typical or just an entry error. The pricing just doesn't make any sense. However, I remember when their chicken sandwich was first available, it was $3.99 for the sandwich only at my closest location, but $5.99 for a medium combo. But later on when I was told they had the same sandwich price but $7.99 for the medium combo.

So for the Cajun Flounder Sandwich it's:

Large Combo (regular side + large drink): $7.09
Medium Combo (regular side + medium drink): $6.79
Small Combo (regular side + small drink): $9.99
Dinner (regular side): $7.78
A La Carte: $4.49

Anyone understand the pricing? If you want the small drink it costs more than any other combo. Don't want a drink and it's going to cost more than with a large or medium drink - but not a small drink.

The chicken sandwich at Popeyes is one of my favorites. I had the fish sandwich today and I did enjoy it but I still think the chicken is better.
Two out of three Popeyes chicken sandwiches were awesome. The third one almost makes me never want to go to Popeyes again. But the fish sandwich does sound good and I'll probably try it.

The first fish sandwich I tried that prompted my first post about it, came from the Popeye's near my brother's shop. The sandwich was good but I felt the chicken was better. They since opened a brand new Popeye's near my job and I have to say, the quality across the board is a step up. The fish sandwich is REALLY good at the new restaurant. The chicken sandwich is also great there.

It was okay. I had one last Thursday. Wanted to get in between the Ash Wednesday and No meat Friday folks.

I didn't think it was all that spicy, so there's that.

Back