Popeye's Cajun fried flounder sandwich

Not disputing you, but for someone who lives near Mobile, why would you go to a chain fast food place for seafood (convenience is an acceptable answer) j/k

There was a Red Lobster in New London CT; as a New England port city, my question was "whyyyyy?"

Fish sandwich from a chicken place? Doesn’t sound too appealing lol. And I don’t do spicy stuff except for Cajun Fillet Biscuit from Bojangles and the salsa at the Mexican restaurant.

Not disputing you, but for someone who lives near Mobile, why would you go to a chain fast food place for seafood (convenience is an acceptable answer) j/k

There was a Red Lobster in New London CT; as a New England port city, my question was "whyyyyy?"

Not sure about Alabama, but I understand in certain parts of Louisiana, Popeye's is just part of life.

Fish sandwich from a chicken place? Doesn’t sound too appealing lol. And I don’t do spicy stuff except for Cajun Fillet Biscuit from Bojangles and the salsa at the Mexican restaurant.

Why not? When they had it, I loved the crawfish etouffee at Popeye's.

How about calamari rings in Singapore?

menu-seafood-calamari.jpg

Weird too as they call their chicken or fish sandwiches "burgers" even though they're not made of ground meat.

I eat fast food like that about once a year. I'm not feeling all that well, might have COVID and had to go a different pharmacy for an Rx last night because my local pharmacy didn't have it in stock. My wife has been talking about getting a Popeye's chicken sandwich since Xmas and there was a Popeye's on the way home so I stopped. Did the drive thru. Got the chicken sandwich and fries. It was good. The flounder sounds good. Being it was my first time at Popeyes, I'm always in a nervous panic trying to read the menu outside and figure out what I want. How's the coleslaw there?

I eat fast food like that about once a year. I'm not feeling all that well, might have COVID and had to go a different pharmacy for an Rx last night because my local pharmacy didn't have it in stock. My wife has been talking about getting a Popeye's chicken sandwich since Xmas and there was a Popeye's on the way home so I stopped. Did the drive thru. Got the chicken sandwich and fries. It was good. The flounder sounds good. Being it was my first time at Popeyes, I'm always in a nervous panic trying to read the menu outside and figure out what I want. How's the coleslaw there?

I wouldn't get the coleslaw. The biscuits are great. Sometimes I was with my family near one and that's all we got. I think the cajun fries are their best side. Personally I think their best "side" is jambalaya, but that usually doesn't count as a side for combos. They will serve that in a side-sized cup, but it's usually more expensive than a separate side.

I wouldn't get the coleslaw. The biscuits are great. Sometimes I was with my family near one and that's all we got. I think the cajun fries are their best side. Personally I think their best "side" is jambalaya, but that usually doesn't count as a side for combos. They will serve that in a side-sized cup, but it's usually more expensive than a separate side.
Thanks, how is the spicy chicken sandwich?

Fish sandwich from a chicken place? Doesn’t sound too appealing lol.

Au contraire mon frere. Whenever I came across a combination KFC/Long John Silver shop, my mind immediately thought JACKPOT! Whether it is fish or chicken beneath the batter is beside the point. Because if its friable and edible, its always deliciousable. Greasy fried goodness never disappoints.

Au contraire mon frere. Whenever I came across a combination KFC/Long John Silver shop, my mind immediately thought JACKPOT! Whether it is fish or chicken beneath the batter is beside the point. Because if its friable and edible, its always deliciousable. Greasy fried goodness never disappoints.
LOL. KFC is a disappointment to me mine always tastes old lol. But Long Johns I love for the fish lol. Popeyes and Bojangles are my go to for chicken and Dodges.

Back