pop uptents

I have camped many times and so I'm wanting to go after April... I have owned a popup tent, but now I'm in the market for a new one and this guy in the video has sold me on this one,,,,its just me, I don"t do fancy camping, no tv for me,,just a cellphone so here you go,,any and all comments/new ideas or equipment are welcome..

No rain fly?

Looks pretty sleek otherwise. We have an 8 person Coleman octagon (comfortable for 3). It's very sturdy, but takes me almost 30 min to set up. We only camp maybe 2 times a year, so it's not a huge deal, but for more frequent camping it'd be nice to have something quicker.

EDIT: Oh wait, it looks like there is a rain fly. He just didn't put it on during the setup.

Last edited:
I do have a camper shell on my F150 if i want to sleep in it..

This! I have a Leer cap and I went BedRug for a liner in the F150. August I was in Acadia ME with the girlfriend camping. The truck bed was the tent with a 12x12 pop up canopy. Nice double air mattress and HEAVEN! Only thing better was my LOBSTA Bake!

Koa Lobsta Bake.jpg

KOA 1.jpg

I'm not interested in the tent, since I need a larger tent for more occupants. The portable table was incredible. I will need to look into getting one of those.

I do have a camper shell on my F150 if i want to sleep in it..
Since you have a backup, you could go with a cheap and/or popup tent.
If you didn't have a real shelter for wind and other bad weather, I'd say stay away from bad tents. Wind will kill them or simply prevent you from sleeping due to the noise / potential collapsing.

OT: I think back of all the great times Ive had camping; BSA high adventure in Northern Maine, Chesuncook Lake, Rocky Mountain National Park et al, and then I think of all the fiascoes and wonder why I am still alive. Most fiascoes involved wetness and cold weather; no, there was no gortex or cell phones to bail us out.

I have camped many times and so I'm wanting to go after April... I have owned a popup tent, but now I'm in the market for a new one and this guy in the video has sold me on this one,,,,its just me, I don"t do fancy camping, no tv for me,,just a cellphone so here you go,,any and all comments/new ideas or equipment are welcome..

1. Hopefully packing that tent is as easy as it is setting it up.
2. Hopefully you won't encounter a strong rainstorm... because even with the "fly" which is not much protection. Guy-out points.. will it keep the tent stable in high winds? How waterproof is the tent body? How good is the ventilation during the rain storm?

here's an even easier to set up tent:

1. Hopefully packing that tent is as easy as it is setting it up.
2. Hopefully you won't encounter a strong rainstorm... because even with the "fly" which is not much protection. Guy-out points.. will it keep the tent stable in high winds? How waterproof is the tent body? How good is the ventilation during the rain storm?

here's an even easier to set up tent:

Upon reflection,,I would lean towards a tent half again as big as this one,,,stretch room and if another person was with me,,yes we would more room but then there is the truck,,

Back