"pop" country music

Status
Not open for further replies.
This pretty much sums it up; got a chuckle out of a lot of people @ work.

Homogenization is good for milk, maybe not much else.

:20 is where the music starts

Last edited:
That was a LOT of work to make that.

I am really not a fan of country in general, but this "New country" I just can't take.

I disagree. I love Country music. I think alot of current musicians are good. There is alot of variety out there if you look. Granted I listen to almost all types of music, so I dont think different is not good.

The video shows whats true about almost all types of music...if you dont like it, dont listen to it
smile.gif

Last edited:
If it's on the ratings-sensitive radio, it's just pop music. As in every genre, the good country is not usually amongst the majority of radio hits, unless you just like pop music in general (and many do).

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.
-Bob Newheart

Music is like anything else: There's the best and all the rest.

In music, the race to copy shamelessly NEVER ENDS. The product they put out seems never to vary.

That's what makes those "all country" radio station darn near impossible to listen to. I love country and bluegrass and mountain.

And you can't overlook the tendency of those stations to propagandize in one political direction. A double stultification.

I'm not a country fan, but that makes me actually miss the good old days of Willie & Waylon, George Jones, and Merle Haggard-when at least it meant SOMETHING! No use for bubblegum pop country!

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
I'm not a country fan, but that makes me actually miss the good old days of Willie & Waylon, George Jones, and Merle Haggard-when at least it meant SOMETHING! No use for bubblegum pop country!
They are great performers I am not really into country but I have seem Waylon and Willie and Merle live. They are great performers Merle lived a mile as the bird flys from where I used to live and his local concerts the Haggard family knew half the audience it seemed and would be with them before the concert started. The Haggards are nice people. Years ago there was grass fire a few places down from Merles place and my son said Dad, Willie must be visiting Merle and he probably dropped his joint and started the fire.

Here in Tennessee have a saying about Nashville. I cant say it on here. I played professionally for 3 years and one of my friends is s studio guitarist and he has told me countless times that the writers and especially the producers won't let them stray from the formula and be the least bit creative. Can you say cookie cutter? We call it chocolate covered dog ****. It is all nice and neat on the outside but inside it's still ****.

If anyone on the planet can pull country music out of the bottomless pooper that it is in it is Chris Stapleton.

Last edited:
I agree. I have to listen to this [censored] at work. When Stapleton comes on, it’s as if someone changed the station!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back