Pool Time is here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the pool owners out there.........Splash!

Just FYI...If you ever have issues with algae try a product called Phos Free. It take the algae food (Phosphates)out of the water so it starves the algae. I have done years with and without it and it makes a big difference if keeping the pool blue and not green.

http://www.intheswim.com/Pool-Chemicals/Natural-Chemistry-Pool-Chemicals/Phos-Free/

Any other products you guys really like?

Last edited:
I feel your pain---just started scooping last fall's dead leaves off the top cover (I have no large trees--all the leaves belong to the neighbors--g-r-r-r-r). I have a 17' x 34' x 8'deep inground pool with concrete bottom and porcelin-laminated steel sides. It was built in 1962 and I've maintained it soley by myself since 1975. Bet we could sure list some horror stories here. Biggest gripe this year is I went to buy liquid chlorine and with sales tax it is now $4.50/gal. Wow--I thought there wasn't any inflation with this bad economy.

Been using for about 10 years for Algae free pool and it will cost less than 10 bucks a quart and last 30 years copper sulphate used in septic tanks one to two teaspoons in the spring amd again in late summer. I only use liquid chlorine 12.5% and muratic acid and you will have crystal clear water have learned over the year never use powder any thing of any form they just cloud pools.

I just installed a 48", 7500 gallon above ground pool over the Memorial Day weekend. We got it from my wife's Aunt, who only used it a couple times last summer. I'm learning pool maintenance for the first time, so you guys keep the suggestions coming.

It is amazing the junk they will try to sell people I belive making things way more complex then it really has to be no need to go any further than your local hardware store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back