Polydyn TX7 Engine Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup. save yourself the 24.95 and skip on it. unless you are trying to fix a specific problem,(seal leaks, stuck lifters) oil additives are a waste - although many millions of dollars are made selling them

It's Teflon that's allegedly ground to submicronic levels.
http://www.polydyn.com/engine_treatment_information.htm

Only excessive and constant rubbing will cause some TFE erosion to occur. By treating at intervals of 12,000 miles or once annually, the maximum benefits can be maintained indefinitely. And unlike other engine treatments, TX7 particles are ground to a fraction of a micron. This allows them to pass through any filtration system.

Some other engine treatments get trapped in oil filters never making it to the engine. With the PolyDyn TX7 unique suspension process, the TFE particles stay in suspension and will not build up on themselves in critical areas – so it will not clog oil lines, oil ports, or oil filters. Another feature that sets TX7 apart from other engine treatments is the fact that temperature is not a factor in TFE bonding. TX7’s TFE bonding takes place at friction wear points regardless of engine temperature. Experience the difference today!

Name sounded familiar, Polydyn coatings(like Swain, Calico,or HPC).

Available at various quick lubes.

Oil snot with teflon!

Quote:
TX7’s TFE bonding takes place at friction wear points regardless of engine temperature.

Then how do you get it off the sides of the bottle?
crackmeup2.gif

Bad thing about wax is that is has a high density weight, and can settle when vehicle sits for an extended time.Also wax load is not that hugh due to above items, most times your paying for a heavy visc oil with

Actually a Polyethyaline would be a better bet, low molecular weight, suspends well, small particle size and good thermal properties (maybenot as well as Teflon)

If any Teflon actually hits/embeds on a malleable surface, it will gouge the heck out of it. Teflon is HARD. It's not molten to around 500F+. Extrusion screws wear out pushing this through the machine.

The best this stuff could do, in my most conservative imagination, is "Teflon blast" the inside of your engine. Maybe something could happen in the ring/piston area due to the temps.

Now surely there can be stuff I'm missing. My experience base isn't that detailed, but everything I've DONE with REAL Teflon says that you would have to design the engine from the bottom up to make use of the stuff ...like ceramic coated cranks ...Teflon coated bearing shells ...etc..etc.

We've been using it here in Houston for a long time (Polydyn is here). Normally it will pick up a racing engine 10 hp on the dyno. Takes about 4 dyno pulls for it to work.

I picked up some gas mileage in my E430. Not much, but some. So I keep putting it in.

I get it cheaper than $24 a bottle though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back