Pollen season is here!

Pollen season is here in Florida and it’s doing it’s worst. Our cars are covered. I look around and most cars have very little pollen on them, yet ours are loaded! I wondered if it has to do with the fact that I apply spray “wax” after each wash, as the pollen collects in the pattern that I use to apply the spray wax. (Horizontal lines). I washed the Jetta today but didn’t use spray wax, I am curious to see how quickly the pollen collects now.

Remember, dry pollen will scratch and "rinsed" pollen becomes acidic.

Best bet is to deal, or perform a full wash.

I find that 10 or so rags in a bucket of ONR is the best/fastest pollen solution.

Remember, dry pollen will scratch and "rinsed" pollen becomes acidic.

Best bet is to deal, or perform a full wash.

I find that 10 or so rags in a bucket of ONR is the best/fastest pollen solution.
I was aware that pollen is abrasive, but not that it can be acidic. I never simply "rinse off" our vehicles anyway, I give them a full wash and dry.

I'm in Florida and I just deal with it and wait until it starts to decrease, then I break out the heavy foam cannon artillery.

We are covered up with it in West Central Georgia. It’s best to wash as soon as you can and get some kind of wax or detailer on it. Monday, I washed my truck and put some quick detailer on. By Tuesday morning, it was covered again.

Yep, and every year I become ever so slightly more allergic to the pollen. Used to not bother me, does now.

Pollen season is here in Florida and it’s doing it’s worst. Our cars are covered. I look around and most cars have very little pollen on them, yet ours are loaded! I wondered if it has to do with the fact that I apply spray “wax” after each wash, as the pollen collects in the pattern that I use to apply the spray wax. (Horizontal lines). I washed the Jetta today but didn’t use spray wax, I am curious to see how quickly the pollen collects now.

There was a previous discussion where certain spray LSPs develop a static after application that attracts pollen. I see that with the Griots 3 in 1 Ceramic.

Were you involved in that?

There was a previous discussion where certain spray LSPs develop a static after application that attracts pollen. I see that with the Griots 3 in 1 Ceramic.

Were you involved in that?
Sure wasn’t.

We are also covered with pine pollen in SC. Not much we can do about it...I get a little at home but that stuff flies pretty far at my work (I park in the center of the lot but it doesn't help much). At the end of the day my car is always green. I use TW ICE spray wax after each wash and the pollen seems to like it!

We are also covered with pine pollen in SC. Not much we can do about it...I get a little at home but that stuff flies pretty far at my work (I park in the center of the lot but it doesn't help much). At the end of the day my car is always green. I use TW ICE spray wax after each wash and the pollen seems to like it!
Exactly! I think the pollen is attracted to it. I will continue with the usual routine of applying Turtle Wax Seal and Shine after each wash moving forward though. Less pollen seemed to accumulate after the most recent wash without the spray wax, but it wasn't significant enough for me to skip that step moving forward.

Back