POLL: Vote for the #2 Spot 5w-30 Conventional oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
dosequis_interesting.jpg

I don't always use conventional, but when I do I chose MotorCraft semi-synthetics.

Stay lubed, my friends.

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
Tough call, either QS or GTX for me.. I like Valvoline too, but its not in the options :p

Sure it is, it's right here!

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I'll tally after a few pages, but pick form this list of The Major's plain vanilla Dino 5w-30; use your gut or just pick your team favorite! Try to refrain from non-voting posts and thread hijacking. This poll assumes that Pennzoil YB 5w-30 is the (un)Disputed king of conventionals!

The list in no particular order:

A) Mobil Clean 5000 (includes: Superflo, Supertech dino)

b) Valvoline White Bottle

c) Motorcraft

d) Havoline DS

E) Castrol GTX

F) QuakerState

G) Other

Quote:
This poll assumes that Pennzoil YB 5w-30 is the (un)Disputed king of conventionals!
You know what happens when you a$$-u-me.
grin2.gif

Using the designed parameters my next choice be Motorcraft Synthetic Blend. Unfortunately no Wally jug in 5w30.

If this were the 5w20 weight, I wouldn't agree to the assumption, and would vote MC Syn Blend #1.

Many voting for GTX, and that's fine. But, I won't pay the $14.50 a jug (highest of the name brands) now at Wally.

QS, because it is the Official Motor Oil of Hendrick Motorsports, and a Dale Jr endorsement is good enough for me.

/haven't used a conventional oil in years but wanted to vote anyway.

Originally Posted By: ueberooo
Havoline. But yes, it's almost impossible to find in the Pac NW.

It's the same as chevron supreme which can be found everywhere in the PAC nw!

When I first came to BITOG valvoline was considered the worst name brand out there. Nothing I have seen changes that. BITOG seems more of a popularity contest these days. VOA on valvoline are weak and some 3K UOA does not a good oil make.

Just stating this because of all the votes for wb. Nothing and I mean nothing shows it to be better than QS yet it is winning the vote easily. Go figure. Marketing I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back