polishing clear film protection

My 2018 TourX came with the clear plastic protection film on the hood and some leading edges. It is swirled up, and has some scratching. When I wax my car, the film is becoming more obviously visible. Is there a way to polish the film so it looks better as compared to the paint?

^^ agreed, and you can buy replacement film if you like that type of thing.

Remove it now while it's still somewhat pliable. In a few years it will become brittle and be ten times harder to get off.
^^ agreed, and you can buy replacement film if you like that type of thing.
He better hope that it wasn't applied after the hood was refinished. Otherwise the paint will almost certainly lift.

Polishing foam pad, light polish and a DA. The ones with a real clearcoat can clean-up pretty well, but you have to be careful.

He better hope that it wasn't applied after the hood was refinished. Otherwise the paint will almost certainly lift.

Polishing foam pad, light polish and a DA. The ones with a real clearcoat can clean-up pretty well, but you have to be careful.
I like a firm pad with a light polish.

M210 and Griot's white pad. I use a lot of fluid and just do one or two medium passes.

Ewwww like from the factory applied too soon?

Ewwww like from the factory applied too soon?
No, if PPF gets applied to a repainted hood, paint tends to lift when the film is removed. Especially if it was done too soon.

Factory finishes are usually ok but not always. I had some paint lift on my Ram when we had to do one piece, quite possibly because we used adhesion promoter on an edge. ;)

I agree with The Critic. I've done several BMWs with a DA, 4" white pads, and Menzerna light cut polish.
The buggered up film was returned to new but slow movement and focus are requirements.

Back