Polish Mig-29 caught…

Polish Mig-29 caught on speed camera…

4BA9829C-91FB-4C95-95A0-13A9EE6E4677.jpeg

I wonder how much the ticket was?

Is this just a millisecond before he struck whatever that camera is mounted on?
If you look at the rear stabilizers, they're deflected considerably - which suggests either the airplane is flying slow at high AOA (unlikely, given the indicated speed) or the airplane is at high AOA in the beginning of a high G pull up (more likely in this scenario).

Alternatively, this is photoshop at its finest, and the high AOA flying of the MiG is to keep in position with a camera plane in the original photo, before it was placed in the highway speed camera image...

That is the first thing I want to do when I get my mig 29. :cool: I think of doing things like that. Probably that is why my wife and kids say no to me and motorcycles. The crop duster guy that lives up the street does an orbit or two when he sees me outside because he knows I love aircraft !

Last edited:
Alternatively, this is photoshop at its finest, and the high AOA flying of the MiG is to keep in position with a camera plane in the original photo, before it was placed in the highway speed camera image...
The engines don't appear to be running either, based on the complete lack of distortion in the background.

Ed

Spoilers down/out...?
Leading edge devices are down. Which would happen at high AOA in flight (which supports the high AOA suggested by the stabilizer position).

I can’t see the flaps, which are inboard, and if they were down, it would suggest the airplane is in takeoff/landing configuration.

I think I see changes in the grain where dropped landing gear would be. Plus, the tail is at camera height, so if it was real, it wasn’t 0.01 seconds after this was taken...

Back