Policeman shoots motorist during traffic stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least they quickly fired him and charged him. Usually they try the cover-up trick for awhile. The guy did kind of move pretty fast to the truck--like he could of been going for a gun...but that's still too fast on the draw especially for multiple shots with people around.

Yea the truck driver moved kinda fast but backed out as soon as the cop told him to put his hands up, the trigger happy paranoid cop shot first and asked questions later. This seemed to be like a routine seat belt stop, it's not like the guy was wanted for murder. Be aware , you could lose your life if you don't buckle up, in more than one way.

I tell the officer exactly what I am doing ie my wallet is in my left front pocket. My actions are all slow and deliberate and announced before performed.

My dad was a Minneapolis cop and had said that 'things' changed around 1980 with the populaton mix and gangs got real active. Rarely did car chases happen and most folks followed the police officer's directions. Now, it's chaos and I think the cop's are expecting the worse with many situations they run into. They're 'on edge'. A difficult and thankless job that few want. Dan Mpls. Mn.

I would have shot him too. I want to go home to my family and sure am not going to risk that on the way he moved. He got what was coming to him.

The driver backed out of the truck kind of fast, and it looked like he's using a 2 hand grip or cambering a round. Is the officer trained to fire, or run for cover? Some doomsday preper types feel law enforcement is transforming into a national civil military organization every time there is a shooting on the news.

The motorist made a real dumb move but the cop fired too soon. Sad situation all around.its dangerous but you real'y cant fire till you see a gun.

Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
Armchair quarterbacks do not know what it"s like to be a Blue Knight.

Evidently his bosses don't either. The officer was fired and arrested. Said his actions were contrary to training and policy.

Two things seem to be going on in this case. One the cop was shot at once before earlier in his career, and returned fire, so he was probably scared. Two the poor guy in the car seemed to be moving a bit fast, he was probably scared and might have frightened the cop, and set him off. A bad situation, thank God the guy in the car survived, and the cop is off the job.

Last edited:

Except this loser cop overreacted and kept shooting with suspect with hands up.

Maybe they fired this moron who apparently cannot shot properly at close range for the life of him. Hot head with no aim. I wonder how many bullets the gas pumps got!

At least the recipient who thankfully got relatively minor injuries will be very well compensated for a firecracker state trooper. In my state they are typically a notch above but not sure of South Carolina.

After the first shot the cop fired twice at the man when his hands were up in the air. It's a good thing that this cop must be the worst shot in the world and in a total state of fear and panic. The guy that got stopped made the mistake of following the officer's request instead of just standing still with his hands up until the officer calmed down, out in the open where any bystander could see him. And if that person being stopped was me and I was shot by a cop with my hands up in the air the biggest mistake for the cop would be for me to survive and recover. Those two shots would have to be answered.

The cop needs a year in maximum security's general population...with "BAD COP" tattooed on his face.

Police are the country's most dangerous street gang.

I tell the officer exactly what I am doing ie my wallet is in my left front pocket. My actions are all slow and deliberate and announced before performed.

My father was driving home from a game of squash, drenched in sweat towel around his neck, with his ID in his wallet, in his squash bag, in the trunk, when he was pulled over for a random breath test.

Cop radioed through the licence plate, and got the standard "may be armed" (which is code for has a licence, two registered firearms, and is in a rifle club).

Cop wanted ID, Dad wanted to give it.

Cop would not allow Dad access to trunk, nor allow him to go...

What is to be done, when you are clearly elucidating your intentions, but THEY draw suspicion ????

So, tell us again how bad you have it.
cry.gif
Shooting unarmed civilians with their hands up & all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back