Police folks ,take a moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is terribly sad. It's incredible to see a community come together for police though. Like with the Frein manhunt, etc. Thank a cop every chance ya get!

Here in Canada when police officer is killed, it's like the end of the world. They are described as a saint, one who can almost walk on water and an outstanding member of the community. Other police officers from all of the country will often attend the funeral of the slain officer.

I do not wish to be little the death of any one but the death rate by occupation in Canada doesn't list law enforcement in the top ten. I would like miners and construction workers and fishermen who perform far more dangerous jobs to keep me warm and put food on my table to also receive their fair share of respect.

Again I do not mean any disrespect of any fallen law enforcement officer.

I agree.

I have friends who are on the force in a variety of different towns with different demographics. They are honest and rarely complain, a few work in Paterson and Newark and their work is hard. My BIL on the other hand works in a fairly wealthy part of NJ and is paid an obscene amount of money and yet complains he isn't paid enough for what he does.

The guys in the bad parts of NJ are working for 1/3 to 1/2 what he makes and they risk their lives far more often then he does. So while there are some bad cops, there are also those that take for granted what they have when their own badge brothers have it worse than they do.

Police risk their lives everyday doing a job most of us cant do
I dont care one bit about the criminals out there that are being worshiped as saints
When you commit a crime justice comes in many ways

Originally Posted By: WobblyElvis
Here in Canada when police officer is killed, it's like the end of the world. They are described as a saint, one who can almost walk on water and an outstanding member of the community. Other police officers from all of the country will often attend the funeral of the slain officer.

I do not wish to be little the death of any one but the death rate by occupation in Canada doesn't list law enforcement in the top ten. I would like miners and construction workers and fishermen who perform far more dangerous jobs to keep me warm and put food on my table to also receive their fair share of respect.

Again I do not mean any disrespect of any fallen law enforcement officer.

Well said
thumbsup2.gif

Here in the U.S. when a thug is killed and caught on tape stealing cheap cigars, intimidates the merchant he's stealing from, and when a cop is summoned and said thug assaults an armed and trained cop all the while ignoring said cops commands to stop, the thug dies and is described as a saint, and race baiters and the attorney general of the U.S. is sent in at the behest of the president of the U.S. Then the town is destroyed and set ablaze by more thugs while being encouraged by said thugs stepfather thug to burn the b---h down and on and on and on! I'll take Canadas version of showing respect for they're fallen officers rather than our version of elevating dead thugs to sainthood status.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Here in the U.S. when a thug is killed and caught on tape stealing cheap cigars, intimidates the merchant he's stealing from, and when a cop is summoned and said thug assaults an armed and trained cop all the while ignoring said cops commands to stop, the thug dies and is described as a saint, and race baiters and the attorney general of the U.S. is sent in at the behest of the president of the U.S. Then the town is destroyed and set ablaze by more thugs while being encouraged by said thugs stepfather thug to burn the b---h down and on and on and on! I'll take Canadas version of showing respect for they're fallen officers rather than our version of elevating dead thugs to sainthood status.

In this case I am on your side, and on the side of the cop (though I think non-lethal force such as a tazer would have been better, but will give the benefit of the doubt)

but when a kid is murdered just buying some Skittles, or choked to death for selling loose cigarettes and not resisting, then it's time cops and security guards are put in prison when they MURDER just like the thugs would be.

None of us know when we are not coming back --- from our job, a vacation, and so on. Take a few moments before you leave for that job, vacation to say a short prayer for safety to and from your daily destinations, you just might need it.IMHO.

Originally Posted By: LScowboy
but when a kid is murdered just buying some Skittles, or choked to death for selling loose cigarettes and not resisting, then it's time cops and security guards are put in prison when they MURDER just like the thugs would be.

I've never heard of those cases. I'm surprised they never made the news. Do you have any further info?

Here is a sad but mostly true analogy. Just as pedophiles are attracted into careers in child ed/care, and sociopaths are drawn to upper management positions,thugs get into law enforcement. By no means all,but predators hunt where there is prey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back