Police chase question

Stumbled across a youtube video of a police police chase near Los Angelas.

The guy running was driving a 2000's standard cab 3/4 ton chevy truck.

The news channel had a speedometer in the corner of the screen showing the guys speed.

At one point he got on a fwy. Once traffic cleared up he got the truck up to 132 mph. The only reason he did not go faster was traffic. The truck seemed to be able to go faster.

So my question is just how fast will a 3/4ton chevy truck go? Maybe I am out of the loop lol.

None of my stuff can go that fast. My jeep might do 75. Same with my truck. Toyota a little faster....maybe 90? I dunno.

I tried to catch the top speed. Got 121 mph.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200829-150817.png
    Screenshot_20200829-150817.png
    377.2 KB · Views: 24
Maybe his engine was juiced, 125 NOS shot?
J/K. I'm with BISCUT, maybe KMS. 132 mph in any 3/4 ton Chevy, the fenders would be coming off, the hood, then the bed. A Chevy truck isn't built to GEAUX that fast.
Now, if it were a Ford, yeah, it could do 132 easily! ;)

That speedo thing is way off. it does 20-60 in 1/2 a second and 80 to 0 in 1 second, shows doing 80 in a neighborhood while barely passing regular traffic.
Just a sensationalism gismo by the media.

Does GM still limit their vehicles to 100 mph? I know I had a S-10 Blazer that would cut fuel/spark @ 99 mph.

That speedo thing is way off. it does 20-60 in 1/2 a second and 80 to 0 in 1 second, shows doing 80 in a neighborhood while barely passing regular traffic.
Just a sensationalism gismo by the media.

Does GM still limit their vehicles to 100 mph? I know I had a S-10 Blazer that would cut fuel/spark @ 99 mph.

I had a 95 Blazer and I believe it had a limiter on it too! **** them!

I tried to catch the top speed. Got 121 mph.

Thanks for the video. Life is often strange. Takes cops on an hour plus chase yet when the driver bailed he maintains his "sombrero" was it? Whatever his head cover was...that just added to the drama. Very Cali! Love it.

That on-screen speedo is completely make-believe. If you're really bored, go to 6:15 in the video. He turns a corner in the downtown area, gets stuck behind some cars, and weaves around them .... at almost 70 mph according to the speedo.

AFAIK GM has been limiting speeds (at 99 mph) on their trucks and truck based SUV's for many many years now! It is possible to remove the speed limiter with a tune.

It’s always interested me when some police chases, the cop car can’t keep up very well. I remember seeing one with a V6 Toyota Solara or something, the cops could barely keep up.

None of my stuff can go that fast. My jeep might do 75. Same with my truck. Toyota a little faster....maybe 90? I dunno.
Only 75? I’ve had my. Cherokee up to about 95 before.

My top speed in the Genesis so far is 135.

Back