Polaris Scrambler850HO Schaffer's 9000 5w50 10 hrs

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first sample on my new racing quad. This 10 hour period included one 90 minute race plus about 2 or so hours of practice and the rest just putting around.

The Schaffer's held up great, despite the high fuel dilution. I don't know if it's because I didn't fully warm up the machine or some other problem. I will continue to monitor that and the high sodium number. These parallel twins are known to blow head gaskets.

ScramblerSchaeffers5w50_zpsd59ada1e.jpg

What are your comments?

looks good for a new engine thats run hard IMO. If it has a oil filter, I would try and find one that has better efficiency to help get the insolubles down.

Originally Posted By: bmwtechguy
And/or change the oil sooner perhaps?

+1 - I would be a little concerned with that high of a level of insolubles or is it still "breaking in"?

Is there only 23 hours on the engine? If so could the high fuel be due to rings not completely sealed against the cylinder wall or is the engine beyond that point now?

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Is there only 23 hours on the engine? If so could the high fuel be due to rings not completely sealed against the cylinder wall or is the engine beyond that point now?

Yes, only 23 hrs on the engine, total. I just ran another race and plan to change the oil and sample next weekend. I'll post results when I have them.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
If so could the high fuel be due to rings not completely sealed against the cylinder wall or is the engine beyond that point now?

the rings better be sealed at 23 MINS or they never will.

at 23hrs (mostly racing and race practice) either the rings are toast or the efi is major fat and needs the lean button pushed on the programmer a few times.

yes, there are a 100 reason why the rings could be not sealing and it could be a combo with overly fat efi.

i'd be wanting to put it on a 5gas ega dyno (ie ec997a or equal) and remap it down to 5% CO
yes, dyno time can be spendy, but to date it is still some of the best money i have ever spent.

steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back