Polaris AGL VOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
This stuff is $17 a quart.

"Much like the engine that powers your POLARIS vehicle, POLARIS gear cases are precision engineered using multiple components not found in standard transmissions or gear cases. POLARIS gear cases utilize drive chains, hypoid, helical, spur, and spiral cut gear sets that require specific lubrication. POLARIS' gear cases job is to transmit the engines power efficiently and effectively while absorbing extreme shock loads from the drivetrain. AGL's extreme pressure additive system provides a lubricating film that reduces friction and protects gear sets from heavy shock loads and wear. AGL's unique light viscosity optimizes cavity flow and provides superior chain and bearing lubrication in all climates and conditions. No other gear case oil on the market is designed to protect POLARIS gear cases like POLARIS AGL."

Looks like a cheap synthetic engine oil to me... Would you pay the $17 a qt or switch to a cheaper synthetic 5w30?

[Linked Image]

AMSOIL says their Synthetic Chaincase & Gear Oil is a replacement for Polaris Demand Drive fluid. Only one I have found so far.

One quart of Demand Drive Fluid will change the front diff 4-times on my RZR 800.

I use any brand on hand 75w-90 in the trans and transfer case, 75w-140 in the rear diff.

Last edited:
Polaris is famous for scarin' the bajeezus out of it's customers when it comes to lubricants. They make you feel like their bottles contain magical, proprietary fluids and anything else is a bottle of death. It's just another way they make more money.

My 2015 500 engine gets the cheapest 5w40 available, transmission gets 5w20 vwb, and front diff has mercon lv. Mostly just the stuff I have on hand at any given time. So far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back