Poke in the groundSolar lights for driveway patio

My wife buys the poke in the ground solar lights for our driveway and patio she buys from HSN/QVC.

They last about 2 years, maybe 3. I'd rather spend more money and have them last 5-10 yrs or have a lifetime guarantee which many times is worthless with a shipping to and a handling charge.

Suggestions rather than be quiet about it?

Get, or get someone to put in a low voltage system. Better light, better look. Not that expensive. Easy diy or have someone do it for you. Poke in the ground always looks a little sketchy. Buy once, cry once. LEDs last forever.

I've bought Harbor Freights version of solar lawn lights and here's my opinion. I bought the 6 pak for less then $20, they lasted like 5 years, and worked fine. Then one by one they stopped working. Then I bought a 12 pak I believe it was,and they didn't last 3 years before they started going south. I like the push in type because you can move them around in less then a minute. No town permits, or digging up the lawn to run wires, or having to repair wiring you damage by digging up or hitting with a lawn mower. And your not gonna get upset if they get broken or stepped on by someone not watching where there are going. Easy to replace. That's my 2 cents.,,

Back