plywood vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTK

If you can stand a (gasp..cough) minivan, you can't beat their versatility. I can easily fit 4'x8' sheets into my 2001 windstar w/ the hatch closed. Can also fit (a collapsed) 20' extension ladder & 10' sections of pipe with ease w/ the front pass. seat folded.

G/luck
Joel

I agree with JTK - I drove a Ford Aerostar for years and loved it. The advantages over a truck are -
1. If you're hauling something a long distance that you don't want to freeze or get wet - mini van.
2. It comes with seats that are removable. Hauling kids - seats. Hauling lumber - without seats. (I even took the seats out for a while and threw an old mattress in the back. The kids loved it, but I got a lot of comments from co-workers about the "shaggin wagon.").
3. You can lock whatever you have inside, (unlike a truck without a camper). If you have tools in the back of your van - just lock the doors.

I now have two trucks, but I really miss my van.

Wow! That didn't take much convincin'!! Congrats. Nice van!
cheers.gif

Joel

Hone eagle,

I have already replaced the carpet in the back with thin plywood. I had cut-out holes for the seats to go in and out, but it gives me a decent sruface to slide thing in and out of the back. Now if I could remember that the hatch door hits the garage door opening I would be doing well.

i saw a guy loading 4x8 sheets of something into the back of his caravan, mid and back seat removed of course, when i was at home depot one time.

the next vehicle i buy will be a truck. more than likely it will be a 2500 quad cab cummins. the quad cab has plenty of room to haul people, the bed can carry a bunch of stuff, and it can pull almost anything you stick behind it. i dont want to waste money on a car that cant do half of what a truck can do. and with the cummins you get lots of power, reliability and fuel economy. i could do a mini van but it cant tow and i will be towing my race car around with the truck.

This may be off topic, but..I was recently shopping for a vehicle and realized I had a must-have "feature" list. One of the must-haves was the ability to haul a full sheet of plywood or sheet rock, in the rain, laying flat, without sucking exhaust gases through an open hatch. Do other people on this list also want the plywood hauling feature? It turns out most vehicles just can't do it. Why can't manufactures give use that extra 3.5 inches between the wheel wells. (Yes, I do know that you can put a camper-top on a truck).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back