Plug suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to replace the plugs in my 3 soon. Stock is iridium. Available options are Autolite Dbl Plat or Bosch Iridium. Any thoughts?

Wow, you're racking up the miles on that thing!

NGK is the stock plug. I'd stick with that, but if you can't find it I'd go Autolite over Bosch.

Go with NGK if possible, they carry them at Pep Boys for cheaper than the dealership. For example, the stock NGK plugs for my car are $4.50 each at the dealership, while they were only $2.00 each at Pep Boys. Is Denso a possibility too? Those would probably work just as good.

The stock NGK Iridium is available at most any auto parts store, we bought them for my buddy's 3 last year when he hit 70K miles....the original plugs still looked fantastic, and he has a fairly long commute and autocrosses his 3 regularly.

Stick with the NGK Iridium.

Yeah stick with the Iridiums, my cousin got a set of them for his Odyssey at Kragen for only $5 each with a price match.

Originally Posted By: rpn453
... NGK is the stock plug. I'd stick with that, but if you can't find it I'd go Autolite over Bosch.

+1
thumbsup2.gif

I would just mail order a set of NGK Iridiums. I know any of my local parts places would have nothing to offer but a blank stare If I asked for them.

Joel

Go with what the OEM had installed when your car was NEW.

These stealth marketing NGK people that lurk here are hilarious.

Bosch plugs are good quality products. Just make sure you get the correct part # for your application. That goes for any brand of plug or you might have problems, even with NGKs.
09.gif

For someone who has over 4000 posts (not bragging), I doubt that I'm an NGK stealth marketer. I can assure you that they are one of the best, if not the best plug on the market.

This is just my opinion and you will have to draw your own conclusions.

Originally Posted By: Vizzy

Bosch plugs are good quality products. Just make sure you get the correct part # for your application. That goes for any brand of plug or you might have problems, even with NGKs.
09.gif

Bosch plug is only good for car equipped with huge ignition power.
You can get better response or torque with other brand plug like Denso/NGK for the standard ignition.

The fused center electrode of bosch plug is very prone of carbon or gas flooding that make the engine is difficult to start, and with huge gap of the eletrodes on bosch platinum ir fusion, it doesn't help either.

Go with what the OEM had installed when your car was NEW.

These stealth marketing NGK people that lurk here are hilarious.

09.gif

Chances are with a Mazda OE plugs are NGK.

Originally Posted By: kr_bitog

09.gif

Bosch plug is only good for car equipped with huge ignition power.
You can get better response or torque with other brand plug like Denso/NGK for the standard ignition.

The fused center electrode of bosch plug is very prone of carbon or gas flooding that make the engine is difficult to start, and with huge gap of the eletrodes on bosch platinum ir fusion, it doesn't help either.

Your statement is just FALSE. Period.

Please tell us where you retrived this story you posted about Bosch plugs needed a high powered ignition system.

If you can direct me to a licensed independent testing lab that will back up this statement, I will believe you. Until that time your statement is nonsense.

Last edited:
In a Japanese car, I'd choose NGK or Denso plugs. In a European car it would be Bosch. For American cars, well, probably NGK or AutoLite. The OE-recommended plug is typically the best one to use. And there is nothing wrong with copper-core plugs if your car calls for them! They may not last quite as long but performance/economy-wise they are just as good.

heres what an OEM plus looks like. most of the Mazda plugs come in NGK boxes, this might be an NGK. some of the Foci and Fusions use the same plug but in a different heat range.
0518090847.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back