Please post your Hybrid with plug in to charge drive battery life here

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Hybrid gas/or diesel with hybrid drive battery with plug in to charge:

please post the life you have gotten out of a Hybrid drive battery, include make, model, year vehicle was made, miles, type of driving (mostly highway, mostly city, mix of both), location so we can get an idea of ambient temperatures it was exposed to, is drive battery still going fine and never been rebuilt, or replaced, or if repaired how many miles ago, what level of repair (only a few bad cells, a completely new pack with all cells new, and at what cost?

With the histories we can get from the post on this thread we may be able to get an idea of what the life expectancy of the drive battery of different Hybrid plug in vehicles can be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note this thread is not for posting about the 12 Volt battery that starts the gasoline or Diesel engine.

This thread is for posting about the much more powerful and larger and more expensive drive battery that powers the electric motor(s) that propel the vehicle and are also recharged with regenerative breaking.

What would be helpful is if you had a problem with the drive battery, list howmay years and miles you got out of it before any problem happened, and what it took to fix it

2014 Chevrolet Volt - almost 80k miles with no issues when I sold it to my coworker in Nov 2018. He hasn't had any issues and it's probably around 90k miles now. Mixed driving of freeways and low speed city streets here in Houston Texas. Doesn't seem to have much degradation. Maybe a few miles of lost range.

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV - almost 15k miles. No issues or degradation yet. Mix of city and highway here in Houston.

We had the first year Volt and put over 50K on it before trading it in on the Bolt. Very reliable. No issues. GM was very conservative on the battery in the Volt so it should last a very long time.

Originally Posted by JimPghPA
Please note this thread is not for posting about the 12 Volt.

My 2013 Volt is still on the original 12v battery
83,000 miles later and ...

C61FA9F5-2401-4C50-9B55-EE070B795D5D.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back