Please, NO more 'Can I use GC in my....'!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
also add to the post subject: other questions that can be answered with a search

Please!!! Do NOT post about whether or not its okay for your engine to use GC! There is more than enough info on this site to tell you. Secondly, if your engine specs a 5w-30 or a 10w-30 or even a 5w-40 then, you can use it!!! However, the oil is designed for those engines made in Europe (or designed) for longer drain intervales.

GC will NOT cause your engine to blow up, blow a seal, crack a block, throw a muffler bearing, leak blinker fluid or cause any other insidious issue(s) with the engine. IT may cause some of you to have slightly lower fuel economy due to its thicker viscosity-so would a true Xw-40 if your engien specs a Xw-30!

If you still have a question, then email one of the mainstays on this board privately and ask. Ive been here way before GC came out(Ive changed names and emails more than once since I first joined) so you may even email me if youd like.

Its just very redundant to have the same question asked over and over again and sometimes there are multiple repeats ont he same page in one day!!!

For instance:

1. can I use this GC in my 91 300ZX?
2. GC in a Honda 4cyl?
3. Why should I use euro oil?
4. Question about German Castrol
5. a quick question about GC
6. GC engery conserving
7. A few quest. about GC and synth. oils

Now this is just a few from the past couple days. I know what its like to crave any and all info pertaining to oil and its use but, I did my research (many sleepless nights) looking and understanding what oils we int he US dont get and why and if they are okay to use. Most of my knowledge was gained before coming here! Although I still know very little compared to others like Molakule and Pscholte, I know the basics because I studied!!!

Dont be afriad to ask a question, just make sure it is not one that can be answered by using the search button! B/c, with as much as we all talk on here, im SURE you WILL find your answer. If not, then fire away brothers!! One of our most knowledgeable masters will assist you at that point. Or, perhaps even a young jedi pupil such as myself may be of some assistance too!!!

Thank you, and I am now off of the soap box! chris j.
gr_eek2.gif

Yeah! You're right. I am also tired of people asking questions on this board full of information and knowledgable people. In fact, maybe all these people don't really have any knowledge about oil, only opinions. And you know what they say about opinions - they're just like ***holes; everybody's got one and they all stink! It's about time someone suggested that we stop asking questions here. This board is a much better medium for releasing our inner frustrations and blasting people than actually trying to gather some specific information.

1. can I use this GC in my 91 300ZX?
2. GC in a Honda 4cyl?
3. Why should I use euro oil?
4. Question about German Castrol
5. a quick question about GC
6. GC engery conserving
7. A few quest. about GC and synth. oils

I can't believe people would actually come up with questions like these! What has this board come to? I think a board about oil should be used to gripe about our everyday life annoyances.

Wow, now that is a pretty solid rant
smile.gif

But, I agree. I am a new member here and have noticed the same thing. I generally avoid most web forums due to this very issue but this is the only forum/email list I know of that deals with this topic. Before joining, I went through a ton of the archives, learned various acronyms and abbreviations that I wasn't aware of before, etc.

I had heard on a couple of my car related email lists references to using GC (never referred to that way of course) and/or Mobil 1 0W40 in their BMWs so I wanted to learn more about it. I was aware of BITOG’s website (not the forums though) from some of his early work on air filter testing and the one Lucas oil additive. Once I found the forums, I learned what I could about GC and was surprised to see a forum essentially dedicated to it. After reviewing VOAs, UOAs, and a lot of background from others, I decided to get some to use.

Now, I am working on my stash to rival Pscholte...

smile.gif

And yes, I am well on my way into triple digits. Aside from that though, you guys make me feel a bit more normal, some of you guys are over the top
wink.gif

Regards,

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back