Please help me interpret these charts

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are expensive and important, that much I know. Can anyone give me a hand figuring out what they mean??
(attempts to post without an internet address)

[ February 22, 2003, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: rob-the-oil-nut ]

U need an internet address to use the img command.
frown.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Al:
U need an internet address to use the img command.
frown.gif

I knew SOMETHING was going wrong!
I was actually editing that post so I didn't think you'd see it. Here is what I was going to post:
I printed out and scanned the PDF lab report. These are expensive and important, that much I know. Can anyone give me a hand figuring out what they mean?? And how to post them? Are there specific rules for doing so? I looked but did not see any. Off hand, I plan to post at times I HOPE will be 'a bandwidth courtesy' and keep the DPI down.
How do I get an internet address? You mean like my own home page? I'm not really into that actually
blush.gif

Yea if the pic is on your Home pabe page click the right hand mouse button -clck on properties and then you have the address. Sorry if I insulted your intelligence here.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Al:
Sorry if I insulted your intelligence here.
smile.gif

No problem. Actually I think *I* did, I'm a techie yet have no idea how to do this. I need a volunteer, I want to post 5 files, largest is 15 KB, they are small scans of the charts from the test results. Of course I can scan larger files but 150 DPI should suffice.
Volunteers? Al? Patman?
(It would be quicker than me learning Front Page or HTML! )

offtopic.gif
I was getting some funny errors with posting replies over the past few days, like that you can't have parenthese, so maybe the fact that I see X's not pics is related. All the more reason for me to thank you extra for your efforts.

[ February 22, 2003, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: rob-the-oil-nut ]

email the files to ed or myself and I'll see what
your' up against. If their not to awfully big, we
might be able to host them for awhile.

if all they are is jpgs or pdf files, it must be
on a server(web site address) somewhere that you
could just place the address in the address bar
and open it. for example,

if you were to goto this web address...

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/davidsscooter.jpg
You should see the picture...
So to post that picture, use the image button,
and post that link or address when asked. then
hit enter giving you this

code:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/davidsscooter

.jpg

which gives you this when you post your reply..
 -

So point is, if you cannot bring up the picture
with a web address, that is on the web site, it
cannot be accessed. I noticed earlier that you
had drive g: or something like that listed in
your address, figured it was on your local hard
drive and such.

[ February 23, 2003, 04:20 AM: Message edited by: BOBISTHEOILGUY ]

THANKS!
The triangular ones in particular, I'm at a loss in terms of interpreting them.
On a related topic, the reports have pics of particles. Now, a UOA tribologist on the job less than a week will still know WAY more about it than I and I have no interest in second-guessing, but why is a fiber particle important enough to blow up 100 times and give me a color photo of it? How does that help me?
Another related note: The used Esso that came back as "marginal" was AFTER the installation of the by-pass filter (OilGuard EPS-20, made for trucks with up to 20 quart sumps). So, where do you suppose the particles came from then?

Sorry guys-it worked last night-I'm thinking that since it is on my yahoo Album that it only works for me. Did anyone see them last night when I could see them???
dunno.gif

Can anyone see this??

-

[ February 23, 2003, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Al ]

No replies or ideas yet, huh?
BTW the 2 tainted VOA's and the 2 UOA's, with a request that the most detailed be done on the RedLine with 14,000 KM on it, grand total was $250 plus tax. Ouch
shocked.gif

For $250, whoever created these should be able to explain them. It does seem odd that that the x axis is dates in reverse. I would expect a normal trend line to have dates increasing left to right.

I'm not sure what the trend is based upon other than days in service. Miles don't seem to be represented.

Rob,

Because these are area graphs, they will drop down to zero on the x-axis. There is only one data point, which is why it looks like a triangle. The date of 1/01/00 seems to be a null date and probably shouldn't be there. The numbers of 6.8 and 3.9 on the Wear Particle Graph correspond to number of ferrous particles greater than 5 microns and number of ferrous particles less than 5 microns. This is a standard trending tool in the Condition Monitoring Business. The Viscosity chart again is the same thing with the actual measured viscosity of 10.41 centistokes at 100 degrees celcius. Hope that helps
confused.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Al:
Sorry guys-it worked last night-I'm thinking that since it is on my yahoo Album that it only works for me. Did anyone see them last night when I could see them???
dunno.gif

Can anyone see this??

-

Can't see it AL. I also have problems with the yahoo album, so I am switching to Comcast, where I can post pictures on my homepage. I'm working on it and should be done in a few days, Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back