please don't break the seals

Status
Not open for further replies.
To my GC hunting brethren-

Please be respectful, and judge a potential purchase of a quart of the elixir by checking the date stamp on the bottom of the bottle. Please don't crack 'em open and leave 'em behind.

I did an OC last night and almost cried when I twisted one of the caps off and thought "What's this? No snap crackle pop!!!" My heart sank and my soul became downtrodden.

tongue.gif

I don't think anyone contaminated it, it flowed like beautiful liquid gold, just like the other 4 that were still sealed.

I guess I will have to be more careful from now when purchasing.

BrianD

just an observation - but the snap seal rings on oil caps are either VERY hard to twist off and break, or else alreaqdy half broken. These days theyre so crappy its horrible (though the older m1 bottles took the cake).

JMH

bnxd20,

While I agree that everyone should be respectful in handling bottles of the Elixer left to be bought by others, fear not...the power of the Elves protects unattended bottles...you are fine. JHZR2 is correct, the caps are not the strongest part in the Elixer suite...they were not designed by the Elvish ones.

I've noticed quite a few bottles of GC setting on the shelves in AZ that show signs of leaking (maybe even crying) from the bottle caps.
frown.gif

These were bottles with unbroken cap seals.

Bowser

I sense discontent building among those engaged in Elixer worship. As the supplies dwindle it will turn into downright suspicion.

Think I'll buzz by the Autozone and crack open a few bottles.

quote:

I've noticed quite a few bottles of GC setting on the shelves in AZ that show signs of leaking (maybe even crying) from the bottle caps.

These were bottles with unbroken cap seals

I've noticed that on quite a few of the bottles of GC I have. It seems like it's seeping from around the windows to me.

I've told you guys before the reason for the seepage is GC is so anxious to get into your engine and give it new life that it climbs right out of the bottle...yup...it's all true.

Yes, Syntec seems to like to leak out of the bottles. Almost every qt I havew bought I have had to tighten the lid some.

As for the seals, I have broken 1 in the store, right when the gold came out and we were not sure of the color/ date code corrilation. It was burned up when the store it was in burned down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back