Please beware of our fellow motorcyclists

Good Evening folks :)

last night around 7:55pm EST my 2 friends were riding their Harley Davidson’s in my area. Some total brain dead individual, didn’t even look, think; they pulled out from a Shell gas station and hit both of my friends at high speed. One friend has both broken arms. Other friend has a broken ankle and broken leg as well as a concussion and nasty scar over his right eye. Please, please folks beware of our motorcycle riding friends and be safe and share the road.

Thank You

Happened to a friend of mine like that. He was paralyzed from neck down and spent several years in nursing home. Idiot had no insurance.

Motorcycles as a form of transportation has always been dangerous: Past~present~future.
Your better off with some sort of fast little car like a GTI, WRX, Civic Si or step it up to a Mustang GT.. .

Many many years ago a friend was killed when a guy pulled out in front of him

That whole idea about texting and driving being against the law? People ignore it, and cops don't enforce it.

So why even make laws?

206851.jpg

Good Evening folks :)

last night around 7:55pm EST my 2 friends were riding their Harley Davidson’s in my area. Some total brain dead individual, didn’t even look, think; they pulled out from a Shell gas station and hit both of my friends at high speed. One friend has both broken arms. Other friend has a broken ankle and broken leg as well as a concussion and nasty scar over his right eye. Please, please folks beware of our motorcycle riding friends and be safe and share the road.

Thank You

Happens with cars and typically a non event.Too chicken to ride on road.

People try to be aware but stuff happens. Non event usually with normal vehicles. Motorcyclists definitely take some risk in their lives. Wish them a speedy recovery.

This same thing happened to me about 30 years ago. A drunk pulling out of a bar onto a 50 mph rd. I hit him at an angle and slid 150 ft and into a ditch. Broke 3 ribs, left foot and my wrist. It took 6 mos before I could walk without a cane and did not get back on a bike for 6 years. I still enjoy riding but its not the carefree feeling I used to have.

Motorcycles as a form of transportation has always been dangerous: Past~present~future.
Your better off with some sort of fast little car like a GTI, WRX, Civic Si or step it up to a Mustang GT.. .

The thing is an M/C will be faster than any of those while costing 1/3 the price and taking up 1/4 the garage space. But yeah riding an M/C is a calculated risk and the onus is also on the rider to have his head on a swivel and to be as visible as possible.

That whole idea about texting and driving being against the law? People ignore it, and cops don't enforce it.

So why even make laws?

View attachment 25376
Man you wouldn't believe how often I see the fuzz texting and playing on their laptops while driving! I'll always pull next to them and just stare, and they won't even notice me.

Let's try all CYCLIST's.. including bicycles. Last Wednesday I got pulled out in front of or cut off 6 times. Usually I don't any issue's but they seem accumulate of a random day. Air conditioning I think is making drivers dumber.

Back