Playing with my Bradley smoker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fired up my Bradley smoker the other night and smoked some baby backs. When they were done I cold smoked some cheese for Christmas gifts. Cheddar,Pepper Jack,and Colby Jack. A couple hours of apple smoke for the cheese. Smoked cheese it pretty harsh when fresh. I vacuum pack it and let it mellow for at least two weeks. a month is even better.

I also decided to try smoking some salt. Smoked salt is a pretty popular recipe on the BBQ forums. I spread 3oz. of Kosher salt on a paper plate. I'm going with 4 hours of oak and mesquite. It should have mild smoke flavor,that isn't overpowering.

Finally,I decided to smoke a bottle of prepared Horseradish sauce. I spread it on a dinner plate,and gave it two hours of oak for the smoke. I'm hoping it'll be a twist for the prime rib on Christmas eve.

Smoked three ducks and a large filet of salmon Sunday for our first Christmas dinner.

Great, whens the annual BITOG Christmas dinner
smile.gif

I tried smoking some salmon that we caught in Alaska a couple of years ago. It did not turn out great.

Smoking cheese and other stuff sounds kind of off beat. But it sounds good, and is making me hungry.............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back