Plastic oil filter stand pipe.

Let me guess the aftermarket tune he mentioned just pushes more fuel into the engine running it super rich and causes thermal runaway if you floor it too long.

I have never seen injectors turn blue/brown/purple from the heat like that. EVER.

I don't know how those injectors were still operating.....

and that turbo needs a total 100% disassembly to get all the plastic out.

I have to guess .... what oil was he running????
That oil got HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT!!!!

Lesson learned. Go to Chris for all your cooling system needs and make sure this doesn't happen to you.

Tuned it up and worked it hard. Stuff will break.

Wonder what that repair bill ran. No wait, I don't want to know! Ouch.

Originally Posted by supton
Tuned it up and worked it hard. Stuff will break.

Wonder what that repair bill ran. No wait, I don't want to know! Ouch.

In another video he mentioned $12-$15k. Dealer was closer to $20.

That part should not melt no matter how hot the thing gets. Should not be plastic.

Holy cra pp, what a mess. Diesels are generally pretty tough but anything will fall apart if abused severely enough.
Enjoyed the video, thanks.

Originally Posted by Chris142

That part should not melt no matter how hot the thing gets. Should not be plastic.

Nah, you shouldn't tune an engine that's already infamous for blowing head gaskets, plus if the engine got hot enough to melt the plastic and circulate it through the oil system what did it do to the rubber seals in the engine, if the engine had a traditional spin on filter instead of that cartridge with a plastic pickup, would the seal have melted and spewed oil out everywhere?

Back