Plastic Gas can...how long do they last?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might sound weird but my plastic gas cans are getting a little dis-colored (brownish)on the outside.They are about ten years old and the inside looks fine.Is there a shelf life on these things before the plastic breaks down?
dunno.gif

yes, mine are pink. I have a couple that are 15yrs that work fine compared to the P*$ I was compelled to buy when I stupidly ran out gas recently.

I have one thats about 20 years old.. It was purchased when metal cans were popular. Its still fine.

I remember one time in my formative years I tried transporting gas in a Styrofoam cup. Don't try this!!! Maybe I should say during my earlier formative years.

All plastics are not created equal.

Kinda' like old coots.

And oils and filters and shanty heating devices and a whole lotta' things that just don't happen to pop into the disheveled mind at the moment.

gas cans that are kept in sunlight too mch will turn pink and break down. UV exposure is worse for plastics than the fuel.

I too hate the ventless or self vanting caps. is it just me, or is MUCH more gas spilled in using these things???

JMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back