Plantar Fascitis treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mixologist
Originally Posted By: dwcopple
Ibuprofen or Naproxen

Naproxen is Ibuprofen, Aleve, Proxen, etc...

Aleve is naproxen. Ibuprofen is not.

The only thing that helped me was getting the cortisone shots, three in one foot and four in the other, one week intervals. Its been almost five years without a recurrence, but I use custom orthotics.

I had a bad case that lasted for months. I finally took ibuprofin at bedtime every night and after a couple of months it went away. If felt better soon after I started though.

I've never had it, but I "should" based on the possible causes. I attribute not having any foot problems to always wearing quality shoes (never dress shoes). I almost always wear running shoes and make sure they are suited for my pronation. I also consider my exercise shoes that I wear almost daily worn out at about 6 months old.

While I'm not overweight, I spend a lot of time on my feet, both walking and running. After 6 months I have somewhere around 600 miles on my shoes just in exercise-at that point they get replaced. While the tread is still good, the insides are starting to break down from the repeated pounding.

Consider evaluating the type of shoe you wear, and have your pronation checked so you understand how you walk and what shoe design works best to prevent foot issues. Any good running oriented shoe store should be able to determine how you pronate.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: Cujet
I have a "cure" that worked for me, my wife and everyone I've told (that listened). I make no promises, but it does work!

Insert a quality lateral heel wedge (generally a 3 degree one) in each shoe/sneaker. A quality walking shoe/sneaker is generally best.

Isnt that what "stability" sneakers are supposed to do?

Not exactly. The lateral wedge is a bit unusual to walk on. As it far higher on the inboard side. You would never wear a pair of shoes that feel like this unless you had to.

Originally Posted by pandus13
Originally Posted by TaterandNoodles
I have a desk job. This has been going on for nearly 1 year already. It started with the left foot, now my right foot is hurting just as badly.

google wooden feet massager
see an accupuncturist/chiropractor (bonus if you find one with both specialties)
loose some weight (if the case)
get more active
(on the crazy side: chinese taichi, yoga, spetznaz/systema stretching, naphratic medicine)
try to alternate ice/hot or cold/warm (please do it on a weekend, just in case you get an inflammation or not tolerate the cold or hot part)
easy on the antiinflammatory meds: at some point they don't work (you have to increase the dose) or give you liver/kidney problems
change shoes. in the worse case find a shoe maker and make them custom.
source: my mom's arthritis attacks
hope this helps. good luck. been there with a bad back.

Do it has the deep tissue massage function???

Originally Posted by johnsnowkornar

Wow, blast from the past... That was 2012....

I think I was thinking at that time to a: wooden feet massage roller

I do not know how deep you will need, so maybe that may be a question for the few actual PT BITOGers...

All the best.

Originally Posted by johnsnowkornar

Update: I bought the massager.
It has 4 double sets of normal rollers
and one set with deeper "points" which could be used for deep tissue massage

I'd first like to ask what the weight of OP is and if how much overweight if any he is. I suffered for years crawling in mornings just right out of bed went to doctor custom orthotics made BUT doctor who I kinda personally know says inserts all well and good but says hey fat A$$ get rid of the extra weight and problem will cure itself. 5 years past now down 85+ pounds NO foot pain at all and really never need orthotics any more.

Originally Posted by Pop_Rivit
I've never had it, but I "should" based on the possible causes. I attribute not having any foot problems to always wearing quality shoes (never dress shoes). I almost always wear running shoes and make sure they are suited for my pronation. I also consider my exercise shoes that I wear almost daily worn out at about 6 months old.

While I'm not overweight, I spend a lot of time on my feet, both walking and running. After 6 months I have somewhere around 600 miles on my shoes just in exercise-at that point they get replaced. While the tread is still good, the insides are starting to break down from the repeated pounding.

Consider evaluating the type of shoe you wear, and have your pronation checked so you understand how you walk and what shoe design works best to prevent foot issues. Any good running oriented shoe store should be able to determine how you pronate.

I wonder if this guy ever accepted the fact his genetics made him better off than most. Taking the utmost care of yourself helps but it isn't the primary reason for good health.

Originally Posted by Cup of Joe
I have a desk job. This has been going on for nearly 1 year already. It started with the left foot, now my right foot is hurting just as badly.

Massage with These type of foot massagers machines may remove your pain. I have become well by this treatment.

I've had two bouts of it. First case, age ~32 or so, lasted 18 months or so.

Second case, about 46, lasted about 4-6 months.

Second time around, I did a lot of stretching and rolling my foot on a racquetball while sitting on the couch.

After several months of dealing with this, I tried the profoot insoles found at walgreens and amazon. They helped a lot the first day and now I only have occasional pain. I realize I'm lucky because there's no guarantee insoles help. My brother still has pain and had tried expensive insoles.

I got newer/better shoes & slippers with proper arch support. Went away.

A doctor told me years ago that shoes stop providing good support long before they look beat up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back