Planned VOA for Pennzoil Platinum Ultra 0w40

Has anyone seen a VOA yet? It’s the SRT oil in API SN. It also comes in SP but I have not seen it here yet.

937EF7E8-32E8-4B6E-B853-562B063D61C0.jpeg
481D2807-B1EB-4DC7-9757-1576EEE771E2.jpeg

Looks like it didn’t shear down very much as has been reported. I think they (FCA) wants people with 6.x L Hemi engines to use the unicorn embryo stem cells to get a kick back from Pennzoil/Sopus and the extra moly it contains is just a tracer. Viscosity is barely
over a 5w30 but higher than some of the thinner 5-30’s.
Just my.02.
All of it I’ve been able to order (and find) has been SP GF-6 rated.

Last edited:
Looks like it didn’t shear down very much as has been reported. I think they (FCA) wants people with 6.x L Hemi engines to use the unicorn embryo stem cells to get a kick back from Pennzoil/Sopus and the extra moly it contains is just a tracer. Viscosity is barely
Just my.02.
I’m thinking there was something wrong with that 2013 test so I’m taking a bullet for the team and having it tested again, this time by Metro Tech up here in Canada. The vis is supposed to be 13.7.

5BB3B7C1-199B-425E-B826-ABCBBECF12A6.jpeg

I’m thinking there was something wrong with that 2013 test so I’m taking a bullet for the team and having it tested again, this time by Metro Tech up here in Canada. The vis is supposed to be 13.7.

View attachment 92783
Probably nothing wrong with the 2013 test, it's just that the 2013 was Pennzoil Ultra . While the oil you have is Pennzoil Ultra Platinum. Shell didn't introduce their GTL ("PurePlus") formulations until 2014

Looks like both the Ultra 5w30 and the Ultra 0w40 have 753 and 677 ppm magnesium respectively where there was wasn’t much in 2013. Moly remains pretty much unchanged at around 200 ppm.

It’s crazy they would formulate it to prevent LSPI when it doesn’t carry any other spec besides the one for the 6+ liter Hemis and no other recommendations or requirements.

It’s crazy they would formulate it to prevent LSPI when it doesn’t carry any other spec besides the one for the 6+ liter Hemis and no other recommendations or requirements.
Probably using a standard dexos1 additive package across the non-Euro PCMO lineup. The newest bottles are SP and would have to be LSPI friendly.

Just my.02.
Yes, the only place I have found it north of the border is Napa Canada and the Dodge dealer. (Someone chime in if they found it elsewhere.) Just to update, though, the new sample shows a 14.0 cSt viscosity. Actually the 0w40 can soon be had in SP, ( and technically a 0w40 won’t have a GF-6 designation, pointed out previously by Overkill). Napa needs to run through their old stock of SN. Regarding the Embryo stems cells, I like that. How about Phfizer Embryo Stem Cells. For the naysayers, this is what the oil is for. Maybe a person can put it in all their 807 Hp engines. ;)

D695A498-6F55-4577-AD70-88C5B3CD05DE.jpeg

Last edited:
My son has a 6.4 Charger that color. 👍
The SP is all we can get and yes it is GF-6.
Other than the Moly it looks pretty plain.

Back