Placed a deposit on the Astra!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. 2008 Astra 3Dr, 5sp, 140hp, handling package, 17s", advanced audio package, stability control, progressive steering, heated seats, trip computer, advanced info display w/access to all OBDII, breakaway pedals, 6 airbags, etc. Assy in Belgium, 35% German parts.

Red.

$20k msrp, $11k with the klunked A6.

Kind of reminds me of our Audi Coupe GTs.

XR-35.jpg

astra-tuner-1_460x0w.jpg

astra-tuner_800x0w.jpg

Astra_VXR-L.jpg

opel.jpg

Originally Posted By: Vikas
I was going to say the same thing; how old is that Audi A6?

And does it really have a combined mpg of 18 or less? I thought they weren't that uneconomical.

My sunfire looks like a clunker, but it doesn't qualify as a clunker. But an Audi qualifies as a clunker, go figure
grin2.gif

Attempted to buy the exact same car (LOVE the red XR 3-door) but couldn't come to an agreement on trade-in value.

Too bad they didn't offer this color and wheel option in the U.S. Quite a looker.

astra-tuner-1_460x0w.jpg

The A6 is a 1995 A6 Avant quattro automatic, 160k. 18mpg combined. It suffers from a deer strike, minimal maintenance, clunky suspension (which never had any work) and an interior which appears like she raised monkeys inside it.

I refused to replace the crushed fender, hood and headlight for her, citing the fact I could replace the car with a cleaner example for two or three grand.

I like the red, esp with the chrome and silver, but the wife kind of does not, plus we already have a red car. Blue, silver, white would be great, but no can find. Getting a manual is an excellent call. I don't hear great things about the autotrans (Asian), the manual will serve a longer duty, more fun and is needed if there are any mods applied to it.

We are pretty psyched.

I started another thread on the oil/engine.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1561745#Post1561745

Slim pickin's on any sub $15k cars. Needing a manual/3dr combo at this point in the game pushed us near the fringe.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
The A6 is a 1995 A6 Avant quattro automatic, 160k. 18mpg combined. It suffers from a deer strike, minimal maintenance, clunky suspension (which never had any work) and an interior which appears like she raised monkeys inside it.

I refused to replace the crushed fender, hood and headlight for her, citing the fact I could replace the car with a cleaner example for two or three grand.

I like the red, esp with the chrome and silver, but the wife kind of does not, plus we already have a red car. Blue, silver, white would be great, but no can find. Getting a manual is an excellent call. I don't hear great things about the autotrans (Asian), the manual will serve a longer duty, more fun and is needed if there are any mods applied to it.

We are pretty psyched.

I started another thread on the oil/engine.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1561745#Post1561745

Okay, fair enough. A 14-year old car with 160k and significant damage has 'lived its life' and would be expensive to continue to operate. Even if there wasn't the C4C program, a dealer would most likely junk it instead of re-selling.

It would probably trickle down to a dealership like JD Byrider or the corner car dealer that specializes in cars $2-$3k range fleecing the low income people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back