Pl10241 classic C&P

This filter is off a engine that cracked its head 6 years ago. It's been sitting on the stand since. In response to a red purolator with torn media, I decided to cut this older one to see if it's made any different. Doesn't seem to be but its rough. Engine was a 86 chrysler 2.2L turbo. Mobil 1 10w30. Enjoy. [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

mpack88

Your welcome. I will say after 6 years. The anti drain back valve did hold oil. LOL it was thicker than snot I'm sure that helped.

4WD

$50 site donor 2022
Good news is the oil did not go through that tear since it was in bypass ...·

Originally Posted by mpack88
Just goes to show that even a full synthetic will sludge up if conditions are right.
Cracked head Mixed with coolant Equals chocolate pudding And whatever 6 years of other junk Not the oils fault

Last edited:

4WD

$50 site donor 2022
Originally Posted by kstanf150
Originally Posted by mpack88
Just goes to show that even a full synthetic will sludge up if conditions are right.
Cracked head Mixed with coolant Equals chocolate pudding And whatever 6 years of other junk Not the oils fault
+1

Originally Posted by 4WD
Good news is the oil did not go through that tear since it was in bypass ...·
LOL yes of course, bypass is much better than going through a media tear laugh

mpack88

Oh no, I wasnt blaming the oil. Was just stating that with the correct conditions that even synthetic would sludge. It has been said that synthetic dont sludge, well this proved it wrong. That's actually not a tear in the third pic. Just more sludge oil.