Pittsburgh/Harbor Freight torque wrenches

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the small one I have. I use it frequently - mostly in the 12-20 ft lb range. I don't expect super accuracy.....but it seems fairly repeatable.

I use a [censored] 1/2" unit for wheels and such.

I've got the 3/8 and 1/2 ones. The screws fell out of the metal ratchet backing plate of the 1/2" one. I'm looking for more and for now have it taped together. :rolleyes:

A little loctite and occasional inspection may be a good idea.

3 HF stores in Houston? I am green with envy.

They still beat anyone around here even with the shipping.

Baytown,

I have both of those Northern Tools torque wrenches for general use (mainly lug bolts) at home and they are checked every other month on the Snappy truck. They have never failed to be within 4% at any time. I also spot check them against my CDI electronic wrenches (using 1/2" sq socket or 3/8 sq socket) and they never cease to amaze me at how accurate they are.

Just remember to always back them off to the lowest setting before storing them in their case.

I had read on a forum a while back that the HF wrenches at the guys company checked out OK more than the name brand ones did. I bought one for myself, but haven't had to use it yet.

I have the inch pound and foot pound torque wrenches and both are fine. I've used the foot pound wrench alot as I torque lug nuts with it when I rotate tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back