pirelli p7 cinturato all season plus Legacy GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
We recently purchased pirelli p7 cinturato all season plus to replace really chopped up tires for our 2005 Legacy GT wagon in 215/45/17. I think prior chop was bad ball joint which was required during alignment ($270
crazy.gif
)

I am content with the tires and withholding a glowing review until they see real snow(likely next winter). Apparently the wet traction is lessor but did not really notice that in heavy downpours we recently had. I floored they make a 70k tire as ours typically only last 45-50k.

This is our first non-high performance tire and IMHO much quieter then prior RE92a(OEM), Nokian WR G2, Conti ExtremeContact DWS and recently Yoko Avide Envigeour.

Indeed a quiet tire! We have'em on the Mazda3 in the signature below. Surprisingly good in the snow. My daughter drove from PA to NY in an early snowstorm this winter(NOV 2014). PA roads were unplowed and she didn't see clear roads until hitting the NY border.

She was actually coming home for the Thanksgiving Holiday and so I could put on here Winter Tires(General AltiMAX Arctic)
smile.gif

But, she claimed that the P7's may have been OK for the PA winter. I didn't want her to take any chances so, on went the Arctic's!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rjundi

I am content with the tires and withholding a glowing review until they see real snow(likely next winter). Apparently the wet traction is lessor but did not really notice that in heavy downpours we recently had. I floored they make a 70k tire as ours typically only last 45-50k.

Wet traction is different that hydroplaning resistance, one is a tread compound the other is largely determined by tread design and depth

It would be easier to notice wet traction on a fwd vehicle making a turn from a stop sign for example.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rand
Originally Posted By: rjundi

Wet traction is different that hydroplaning resistance, one is a tread compound the other is largely determined by tread design and depth

It would be easier to notice wet traction on a fwd vehicle making a turn from a stop sign for example.

That makes sense. The full-time AWD masks that attribute.

Hydroplaning resistance in torrential downpours is just fine, I am happy to report. And emergency manuvers in the wet is also confident ...No worries!

I put a set of Pirelli P7s on our 09 Vibe last Summer. I waited as long as I could with the original tires(45k+/-). The miles are not exact since I go with Blizzacks in the Winter.

The P7s have been great. Hopefully no tire issues with that vehicle for a while.

Although it can be costly, I believe folks should at least have their alignment checked on a regular basis and if so, replace needed suspension parts and re-align! But, no one seems to want to do this!
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Although it can be costly, I believe folks should at least have their alignment checked on a regular basis and if so, replace needed suspension parts and re-align! But, no one seems to want to do this!
frown.gif

It's either because they're too cheap to pay for it, or too stupid to know why it needs doing, or very often both.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
frown.gif

Yes they do it free when buying tires and twice over it was in alignment according to reports. This third one I guess finally caught up
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back