Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The irony is that I am old enough to remember when the P7 designation was ONLY for Pirelli's TOP LINE MAX/ULTRA performance summer tires which were standard issue on; 911 Turbos, Countaches, GTO/F-40 Ferraris, etc.

It is funny (and sad) how they have reduced the model name down to a generic, all season, touring tire.
frown.gif

Just bought a set of these last week in a 205-50-17 size. Had em mounted and balanced................VERY sweet riding tire. So much better then the cheapie dealer specials that were on the car before. The old tires were a brand called "Ohtsu". Apparently its a spin off of Falken. Whatever..........junk is junk. The old ones were noisy, harsh riding, and horrible in the rain.
If you do go with these tires you won't be sorry. They are one of the highest rated ones on Tire Rack. Its safe to believe the hype on these.

Well, I just ordered the Pirelli Cint P7 A/S+ for my BIL/SIL in 225-60-16 for their '03 Mitsubishi Outlander 2wd(purcheced now in '03). The P7's should be delivered by Friday 2-21-14. Time will tell with these tires.

My BIL/SIL have hated every tire on this Mini-Ute from the OE GeoLanders to the tires they have now. They've just put in several hundred dollars(close to $1000) in susspension repairs & wheel bearings/brakes but, this issue has been since new.

AWD would/may have helped but, no tire (from Yoko, Dunlop, Kumho, now Mastercraft), has helped! We'll see if the new Cinterato P7 A/S+ will change this!

Their complaints are mainly foul weather:

Hydroplaning
Hiwy Wandering
Lack of feeling connected to the road
Noise/viberations(cars fault)
Terrable snow/ice traction

I guess this Outlander just isn't a very good foul weather vehicle as they have had many FWD car with great success using cheap tires. In nice weather it's a very decent vehicle to drive(I've driven it) but, in the hard rain and winter time, it can(Can Be/not always) a white knuckled experience.

Should have gotten rid of the vehicle years ago but, thinking tires was always the issue, they've kept the Outlander as it has been very reliable(150K miles). Including or with the exception of the money just spent! No Major Repairs or Breakdowns
smile.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back