Pirate Adventure Tours

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.sail-world.com/Australia/Russian-luxury-yachts-offer-pirate-hunting-cruises/58384

Quote:
Wealthy punters pay £3,500 (US$5,800) per day to patrol the most dangerous waters in the world hoping to be attacked by raiders.

When attacked, they retaliate with grenade launchers, machine guns and rocket launchers, reports Austrian business paper Wirtschaftsblatt.

Passengers, who can pay an extra £5 a day for an AK-47 machine gun and £7 for 100 rounds of ammo, are also protected by a squad of ex special forces troops.

While I've no sympathy for pirates getting whacked in work related "incidents", including the wrold's Navies hunting them down, I don't like the idea of peaople paying thousands of dollars for the opportunity to kill them.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
http://www.sail-world.com/Australia/Russian-luxury-yachts-offer-pirate-hunting-cruises/58384

Quote:
Wealthy punters pay £3,500 (US$5,800) per day to patrol the most dangerous waters in the world hoping to be attacked by raiders.

When attacked, they retaliate with grenade launchers, machine guns and rocket launchers, reports Austrian business paper Wirtschaftsblatt.

Passengers, who can pay an extra £5 a day for an AK-47 machine gun and £7 for 100 rounds of ammo, are also protected by a squad of ex special forces troops.

While I've no sympathy for pirates getting whacked in work related "incidents", including the wrold's Navies hunting them down, I don't like the idea of peaople paying thousands of dollars for the opportunity to kill them.

It does have that colonial "big game hunting" ring, doesn't it now? Just consider Somalia a propagation zone and you're into pirate management.

grin2.gif

This is the first time I've ever been interested in ocean travel!

Not really though. It seems like a lot of effort for a slim chance you'll actually get to unload on some pirates.

Originally Posted By: oilyriser
Do you get to keep the booty after you kill them?

You could run both the tours and recycle the captured arms to supply more pirates. Disney and Six Flags runs their theme parks that way. They control both ends of the package.

I emailed Snopes.com about this since I didn't see it. Since the published depiction appeared intact over all outlets, it smelled fishy ..so to speak. I would not have found it unusual (for this to be true)..since unusual is becoming much more common.

I said to myself that it was too good to be true. Not that I found it good, but that it would have enhanced and fortified the unraveling of the dark comedy that we appear to be living ...as surreal as it may appear.

Thanks for asking about that. We just wrote about that very topic. Here's
a pointer to our article:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/piratecruise.asp

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
if it were real i would do it in a heartbeat.
Would you? Surely there's better ways to spend your money. Cute signature, by the way.
grin2.gif

I'll take water board for $1000, Alex.

The suspense is killing me! I hope it lasts! - Willie Wonka

A. What would be the point of a scope on an "AK-47"--which in all likelihood would be an AKM anyway, but so what?

B. A good percentage of the idiots who chomp at the bit--from their keyboards--would soil themselves if they were actually attacked by raggedy Somali pirates, or anyone else.

They had me going until this-

"£7 for 100 rounds of ammo"

-gave it away. 11 cents per round? Completely unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.