pink coolant for 2001 camry

Status
Not open for further replies.
someone i know bought it and he wants to start mixing the green with it. i said Nooooo

he likes to drain the radiator and refill, which coolant should he buy? thanks

he should never be allowed on BITOG if he waited 8 years to drain his coolant....and no the green stuff doesn't mix with the green stuff. Ask him if he has ever had pink shots and green shots in the same night, you are just asking for trouble.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
He should buy Toyota pink.
+1
thumbsup2.gif

He should only be using Toyota Pre-mixed or Super Long Life Coolant (Part number: 08889-80071).

2001 Toyota's that I have seen came with Toyota RED.

I have 2003 Sequioa that came with Red. I was told by dealer (not saying he knows all) not to switch it to PINK.

I have two 2005 that came with the pre mix Pink.

ok i'll ask him to check the manual. it looked more pink but i'm not used to toyota coolant. i'm betting he can use the super long life pink or the peak global lifetime, buy enough and have his mechanic flush it

if he can give up his radiator drains

Not sure, but I think they say Toyota pink can replace Toyota red. But Toyota red should not be used to replace pink. (Don't hold me liable for any gasket leaks, though.)

Last edited:
The way I understand it is Pink is 50/50 of Red.

Red is 100% coolant and must be mixed.

Do NOT add anything to Pink.

Bill

Heh heh. Red is Long Life, and pink is Super Long Life :)
We don't wanna confuse the Toyota newbies :)

The factory fill of pink is suppose to be good for 100,000 miles or 10 years. Thereafter, refills of pink are suppose to be good for only 50,000 miles or 5 years.

I think the red needs to be changed every 2 or 3 years. Not sure, but red might actually work better than pink, but red doesn't last as long and has to be changed more frequently.

Last edited:
You can use Toyota super long life pink colour coolant instead of Red or green old types.
There was a Toyota bulletin about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back