Pictures of High Mileage Engines using Mobil 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by 7tford:
As per your oil analysis results. Could an individual be confident in the assumption, that if he purchased a litre of Mobil 1 10W-30 at a Walmart in Toronto today for instance, that it would contain an amount of the Moly additive consistent with the industry standard or even consistent with Mobil Oil's previous (pre supersyn) standards? Or does such a standard on this additive even exist? I wonder would we still run the risk of purchasing stock in the old non-moly product. Does an oil analysis indicate percentages in this additive and whether or not a manufacturer is short changing the consumer?

I'm not sure TriSyn had moly at all. Also, there really isn't an "industry standard" for moly levels in motor oil. Each manufacturer will determine what is the best level to work in conjuction with the other additives in the oil.

A few months ago, Mobil changed the "marketing" of the 10w30 from "High Mileage Formula" to "Multi-vehicle Formula." I'd say if you get a bottle with Multi-vehicle Formula on it, you'll have the latest blend which will include moly.

I think the rare SL TriSyn had moly. I'm running it in my sister's car now and am about a month away from oil change (and analysis) time so we'll find out for sure if it has moly or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back