Picture of the New M1R Bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks great....
burnout.gif

Maybe, if we are lucky.. we will see it here in Canuckland in 1 or 2 decades...
grin.gif

Jean

Is any information regarding this product available on Mobil's website or any other? Links?

No Product Data Sheet is available for Mobil 1R 0W-30 at this time. The oil is the *same* Mobil 1R used by the Penske NASCAR racing team, Team Corvette, etc. during the 2003 racing season. The oil is not API rated due to its much higher treat rates in anti-wear/phosphorous levels. The base stock used is a very sophisticated pao with performance characteristics well beyond that of PAO base stocks used in regular automotive oils.
It is in my Toyota Sequoia.......

Buster, thanks for the picture.

Looks like Mobil reintroduces bottle design used for pre-SuperSyn oils in Europe. Would not new M1R be a version of their 0W-40 ? Hope we shall find answer soon.

Pic looks nice. I'd just like to see some information that says it's contents are nice too. And as 2K2AcuraTL said, it'd be nice to see it on the shelf in Canada sometime soon.

George,

Can we assume it's a thicker 0w-30 than the regular M1 0w-30, like the GC 0w-30?

BTW, nice to see you back on BITOG!
grin.gif

quote:

I'd just like to see some information that says it's contents are nice too

Why do you need all that fancy stuff??

Just look at the bottle!!!
lol.gif

You're just trying to complicate matters!!
cheers.gif

Mobil told me that a PDS will be available end of January to early Feb. George said the VOA should be in by thurs. The key to this oil from what the press release said and from what George has stated, is it's advanced PAO. Mobil in the press realeas specifically stated that it's very shear stable. Time will tell.
wink.gif

Any idea how much $$$ we are gonna have to dish out for a quart of this stuff?

Being a racing oil, what can we expect for detergents?

I wonder if this stuff is gonna be the next GC - we all want it, but nobody can find it.

Mobil can produce the oil, produce the packaging but it takes over a month to release the specs. They gonna check the specs after the oils on the market or are they just slow and incompetent with releasing important information.
pat.gif

The question is, does this stuff have moly! And how would it compare to the mighty Motul 300V, which is basically the same 'off the shelf' stuff that the world rally teams use...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back