Picture of my 95 Firebird Formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patman

Staff member
 -

quote:

Originally posted by DonCT:
Looks sharp! What kind of detailing products do you use?

The only stuff I use is the Zaino Z2 polish and the Z7 car wash. My paint is all original, and I drive it daily, even in winter. I make sure the car never stays dirty more than a day or two. As soon as it rains or snows, the car gets washed as soon as the roads are dry.

quote:

Originally posted by sprintman:
New GTO maybe?

Nope. I'm currently looking for a 1997 or 98 Corvette. I hope to have one sometime between now and the end of the year. I'm looking for one with very high miles on it though so that the price is much lower. So it's not going to be an easy find right now, but in the late summer/early fall prices will drop so it'll be easier then, especially with the introduction of the next generation Corvette coming up.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:

quote:

The only stuff I use is the Zaino Z2 polish and the Z7 car wash. My paint is all original, and I drive it daily, even in winter. I make sure the car never stays dirty more than a day or two. As soon as it rains or snows, the car gets washed as soon as the roads are dry.

Washing a car in winter in Canada! Wow you must love your car. Do you have to dry it or just chip the ice off?
grin.gif

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:

quote:

Washing a car in winter in Canada! Wow you must love your car. Do you have to dry it or just chip the ice off?
grin.gif

I'm crazy but I'm not that crazy!
smile.gif
I've been known to wash my car in 32 degree weather, or even in 25 degree weather if there is no wind and it's sunny. But for the most part, once winter hits, I use the no touch car washes.

Beautiful Formula Patman! I've always loved the T/As but there is something about the Formula Firebirds that I like even more. Probably the missing plastic body work and the more subdued styling but with still having the killer handling and acceleration. Same with the Stangs. I love the GTs but the old 5.0 LX and notchback were every bit as mean but snuck up on you with their more conservative styling.

Very very nice!

I agree with mike. The formula is a great "sleeper". I always liked the LX 5.0 better than the GT.

I would rather have the Formula as the TA. Nice car.

I think it would be neat to remove everything on the car that says it is a Formula. Then it would look like a plain old v6 firebird but have a whole lot of oomph under the hood to surprise people.

quote:

Originally posted by Stab:
I think it would be neat to remove everything on the car that says it is a Formula. Then it would look like a plain old v6 firebird but have a whole lot of oomph under the hood to surprise people.

The 96 and 97 Formulas were like that, as they did away with the Formula stickers on the headlight and rear bumper. My 98 Formula had no stickers but it did say Formula in body colored raised lettering on each door. Hard to see at a quick glance though, and since the V6 models said Firebird in that same location, a V6 and V8 model could easily be confused, especially since they got similar tailpipes and wheels.

Great picture - thanks for posting it!

32 years ago when I was growing up in Ohio, I once took my car to the car wash when it was 11F. It was a Do-it-Yourself place with sliding doors and an interior heater! All when well until I got outside...the doors nearly froze shut and my dry-off towel froze to the roof! Once I got underway, to my horror I discovered that the drum brakes had water in them which had frozen! I got it stopped in time...and learned a lesson! My kinda "fun" at 16 years old!

SWS

Pat,
Do you know Joe-spank-a-lottis?
Don't you come to TX with your pretty F-Bird
nono.gif
...or I'll have to spank ya!

Nice ride dude! (but I'm not kidding about the spanking part
wink.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back