Pics of Honda S2000 Filter - Same as HAMP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some pics of the Honda S2000 filter, #15400-PCX-004, that everyone has been waiting on. I can tell you that without cutting open the last HAMP filter that I have left, this filter is IDENTICAL to the HAMP. When I cut open the Honda filter, I noticed right away by looking at the filter element that the filter was a HAMP, which is made by Toyo Roki as well as the Honda. I was not about to waste another filter, so you guys will just have to trust me on this one. -Joe

-

-

-

-

-

-

[ November 01, 2003, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: Patman ]

Here's a link that tells you about HAMP filters:]
HAMP

Thanks for posting the pics Joe, I agree with you, it's exactly like the HAMP, no need to waste another filter. I'll say though, after looking at that filter and comparing it to the other new Honda filter here 15400-PLM-A02 the Toyo Roki doesn't appear to be much different. Both the TR S2000 and the Honda Fram are obviously built to Honda's specs, same silicon ADBV and similar metal end caps. I realize that I can only do a visual comparision, and that it's only a comparision of pictures viewed over the internet, yet the two filters look similar. I've searched extensively for data on media paper and other specs of the TR filter with no success. For now I'll stick with the WIX filter as the build quality is just as good as any Honda filter, it also has a silicon ADBV, and I know that it's filtration efficiency is better than the stock Honda/Fram filter.

Thanks again Joe.

Thanks joee12!
cheers.gif

guile, although the new 15400-PLM-A01 appear to be quality filters as well, they are smaller and are supposed to increase oil pressure. Also notice that the metal end caps don't extend all the way on the 15400-PLM-A01. I don't know how much difference this makes, but it's something I haven't seen before. For my money, I think the 15400-PCX-004 is a bargain for less than $6, especially if it's a HAMP clone!

JPowers, are you sure the PCX-004 is fully compatable with other Hondas besides the S2000?

Also, where have you seen these filters at less than $6? Best price I've seen online is $6.19 not including shipping.

I don't see why they wouldn't be compatible with other Hondas. Honda dealers used the older OEM Filtechs and Frams on all their cars, so I assume the bypass settings are identical.

I ordered a bunch of parts from hparts.com, including 10 of the S2000 filters, the wrench and some other small items. The filters were $5.89 each and shipping was $8, so that's still pretty cheap.

quote:

Originally posted by guile:
Joe, do you happen to have a picture of the ADBV spring?

Sorry Guile, I did not take a picture of the filter, and I have already disposed of it. -Joe

quote:

Originally posted by guile:
Joe, do you happen to have a picture of the ADBV spring?

Joe, my mistake what I meant to ask was do you have a picture that shows the bypass spring? If not do you remember if it looked similar to the below pic?

Honda OEM filter

[ November 04, 2003, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: guile ]

Guile, it looks like the flat metal piece on the Fram filter, without the spring in your picture. -Joe

Have any of you Honda owners used the new smaller filters (HAMP or OEM)? First off, they seem to stop dead in their tracks when screwed on to the filter threading and seating. All other filters I have used have some room to play with depending on how tight you really want it. Secondly, the bypass valve at the non-threaded end of the filter seems like it is AWFULLY close to the end of the threaded part on the block. Excuse my lack of proper terminalogy.
spaz.gif
FWIW, this is on a '97 Integra Type R.

The next time anyone cuts open a Hamp, Filtech, or Toyo Roki for a Honda be sure to measure the media area. Here are some of my measurements for the Honda application filters I've cut open:
code:

Fram TG 119.8 sq. in.

Honda OEM 115.3 sq. in.

Fram EG 102.0 sq. in.

Wix 94.56 sq. in.

M1-110 87.75 sq. in.

ST 7317 61.9 sq. in.

ST 6607 52.25 sq. in.

The Honda OEM is a Canadian Fram. The ST6607 is the one WalMart (Champion) recommends for Honda. The ST6607 is the "oversize" filter that's the same size as the M1-110.

Jay:

WalMart recommends various filters:

ST2808
ST3953A

and so on...

I think they do a lot of goinging with the cheapest filter for the buck.

Both of the two filters above using the "cliker" style by-pass valve and that's not really preferred.

Gerhard

The ST6607 is the filter that comes up on the electronic "finder" for my K20A3 engine. The ST7317 isn't recommended, but it's the same physical size as the M1-110, so I had a look at it also. Neither had clicker-style bypass valves. What's the problem with them? I haven't seen that style of Champion yet. If the clicker bypass is out of the core where it would interfere with flow then I think the clicker would be the preferred bypass.

[ December 09, 2003, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: Jay ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back