Pics of fill hole for 2007 Mazda 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I decided to take some pics of the fill hole of my 2007 Mazda3 today. I'm not a mechanic at all and was looking for some of you guys to tell me whether it looks clean or not. Couldn't figure out how to add pics so I posted them on flickr.

Mazda3 pics

Thanks,

Martin

It's sludged and can't be saved. Trade it in now before you have problems.

Seriously, though - that looks spotless.

Sorry if I sound abrupt, but my first thoughts on seeing your pics was "Get a life"
Really, you need to live with some old junkers for 10 years to put things in perspective.

Please consider this post as a friendly jibe ;-)

I'd definitely clean the area around the filler hole, if it was my car. I wouldn't want any of that abrasive dirt falling in the next time you remove the cap.

Internals look pretty clean.

Coming from a Mazda guy...looks good!

Be sure to change out tranny fluid if it's automatic and you haven't done it yet.

They are hard on fluid.

Originally Posted By: expat
Sorry if I sound abrupt, but my first thoughts on seeing your pics was "Get a life"
Really, you need to live with some old junkers for 10 years to put things in perspective.

Please consider this post as a friendly jibe ;-)

He did say that he did not have enough experience to know if it was clean or not.

For comparison, here is the focus I had, exact same engine, when it was new. I'd say yours looks pretty good.
IMG_0216.jpg

Well it looks better on the inside than it does around the fill hole. For a 2007 engine Im not surprised that it looks clean. Its been fed SM most of its life so its got to be pretty good.

I bought the car new. This was the first time using Valvoline. I mostly used Kendall synthetic blend with 5000 mile OCI. I'm thinking of trying Valvoline synpower next with 7000 mile OCI.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mazda3LA
I bought the car new. This was the first time using Valvoline. I mostly used Kendall synthetic blend with 5000 mile OCI. I'm thinking of trying Valvoline synpower next with 7000 mile OCI.
VSP or any Valvoline product will serve you well in the wear numbers. Some of the best UOA's Ive ever seen come from them. It doesnt even make sense how this oil is regarded as something of an underdog. Truely a strong oil. If only it were cheaper I suppose.

It appears that the cam lobe width tapers down on the base circle, and is flared out on the ramps. Do these engines have roller followers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back