Pics from Maine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually get up there once a year to go canoeing or snowmobiling on the Allagash. It's truly refreshing to get so far from civilization sometimes.

Originally Posted By: glock19
I usually get up there once a year to go canoeing or snowmobiling on the Allagash. It's truly refreshing to get so far from civilization sometimes.

These pics are from where I lived in the 60s and 70s, which is just south of Bath, Me. The Allagash is a true wilderness.

Looks good as I swelter in Missouri where it's staying above 80 over night. Only been there once, off a cruise ship, although my daughter lived in northern New Hampshire til this year.

We were at a softball tournament up in the Lakes Region of NH, not far from Fryeburg ME, for most of last weekend...our daughter was playing.
Driving up for one game, we saw a bear on the shoulder of the road about half a mile from the field...it was good sized, maybe not fully grown but not a cub by a long shot. It ran up someone's driveway as we got closer, and then we saw a guy running towards it like mad from a nearby house setting up his camera phone as he went...guess we should have been scared for the guy, but we all cracked up at the sight of a guy so desperate to get a photo of a bear in the wild that he was putting himself in some degree of danger. The bears up there are generally not aggressive, but I still wouldn't recommend running full speed towards one...my wife and daughter walked home to our ski condo from dinner one night few years ago and found a bear hanging around our front door when they stepped out of the woods. My wife called the police and the bear was gone when they came a few minutes later, the officer told my wife she was smart to get help instead of trying to shoo the bear themselves or take some closeup pics are so many people would do instead.

Those pics remind me of the trip my family and I took to Bailey/Orr's Island a number of years ago. Man, the lobster was just amazing.. and every day. Nice pics.

Nice pics.

I have never made it up there except Bar Harbor area and live 10 mins from the border. I never make it past York Maine(2 towns up coast).

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Those pics remind me of the trip my family and I took to Bailey/Orr's Island a number of years ago. Man, the lobster was just amazing.. and every day. Nice pics.

Been there many times.

Originally Posted By: double vanos
I’ve heard that lobster is reasonably priced there. Is it true?

I don't eat shell fish so never priced it.

Good price right now 5-6$ a lb in the shell, was like 3.50 a few years back.

a few pics from East Boothbay Ocean Point

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Originally Posted By: double vanos
I’ve heard that lobster is reasonably priced there. Is it true?

You can get a McLobster roll @ McDonalds if you want. lol
http://mcdonalds.wikia.com/wiki/McLobster
But why would you? It would be like buying Velveeta in Wisconsin

I've had a few McD lobstah rolls and they were not bad...a reasonable option when you're in a hurry and/or the rest of the fam is in the mood for some cheap, greasy eats.
Haven't had one anywhere yet this summer, the only place I've priced them is an out of the way sit down place we really like that wanted $20 for a roll...I assume it came with some fries, but it sounded like a lot to me for some pretty basic food and I chose something else. It's more or less a Greek place, so they always have something in that vein that tempts me...I am also partial to their Moscow Mules in copper mugs.

Ram Island Represent!
banana2.gif

Originally Posted By: VNTS

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Ram Island Represent!
banana2.gif

Originally Posted By: VNTS

Eljefino,
Where do you live?

I love Maine, always vacationed at Old Orchard Beach as a kid

Marsh View restaurant had the best Clam Chowder!!

On a side note. Poor Chevy. That is what mine would look life if it lived on the East Coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back