Pickles and gardenia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening folks
smile.gif

Dad gave me some "hot" gardenia he made earlier this year along with 2 pints of pickles. Anyone else enjoy these food delicacy's like I do?

Homemade IMO is the way to go
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Good evening folks
smile.gif

Dad gave me some "hot" gardenia he made earlier this year along with 2 pints of pickles. Anyone else enjoy these food delicacy's like I do?

Homemade IMO is the way to go
smile.gif

Is this a relish.....giardiniera??

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Any kind of marinated/pickled stuff, I could eat all day... usually pickles, banana peppers, cabbage (kimchi), etc.

Yeah, I do also
smile.gif

Courierdriver: yes, I misspelled it. Sorry bout that and its cauliflower, peppers, carrots, etc. Very tasty

I buy Sambal Oelek chili paste. Made by Huy Fong Foods, the people who make sriracha-- got a rooster on the jar too, but this is about ten times hotter than sriracha. Pour a little on top of Aldi bread and butter pickles. The stuff is wicked hot--just keep adding more and more chili and drain the new jars of pickles before I pour the molten mess over the top. My dog likes it too.

Also like Kimchi but the only Korean restaurant in the county tried to rip me off. There's a pan-Asian place but their stuff isn't hot enough. The story I've heard about kimchi is that you have to throw a mammal, usually a rat or a cat into the fish sauce to get it working. Used to see the stuff in a jar that would literally blow out and bubble over as you opened it. St. Louis is blandsville so I haven't bought any of that locally lately. Probably have to try an Asian market.

Not pickles, but Dollar Tree has little containers of ghost pepper cheese. Not overly spicy but better than the regular fare. (Yes, I know that Ghost peppers are in the top ten for heat, but I suspect they go a bit light on them).

Last edited:
Originally Posted by meadows
I eat the Mezzetta brand. My wife loves their mild jalapeño.

Same here. Love the tamed jalapeno's and their jalapeno olives They have some good stuff..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back