Picked up this old Gary Fisher Marlin for free.

Had a neighbor with this and a couple of other bikes in his front yard with a Free sign on them. Picked this one up. From what I can tell it's a 2007 Marlin that sold for $550. Been lubing and adjusting it. Runs pretty good. Will need new tires soon. Can't get the front Derailleur to work, I think the handlebar controller is jammed up.

Attachments

• IMG_4309.jpg
    IMG_4309.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 66
Nice free bike! You can pull the cable above the front derailleur just to see if its rusted up. Usually I find its the actual cable in the housing that rusts and sticks. Sometimes manually moving cable with some wd-40 gets it back in business for a while.
It looks like its for someone a fair bit above 6' tall?

Nice free bike! You can pull the cable above the front derailleur just to see if its rusted up. Usually I find its the actual cable in the housing that rusts and sticks. Sometimes manually moving cable with some wd-40 gets it back in business for a while.
It looks like its for someone a fair bit above 6' tall?
I'm 5'11" and it seems fine after a few shake down runs. The front derailleur works fine. The handlebar mounted shifter seems jammed up, won't go up or down even after lubing it.

Nice! You did good!

I think the bicycle market has loosened up a bit. It was crazy there through the 'Rona.

Had a neighbor with this and a couple of other bikes in his front yard with a Free sign on them. Picked this one up. From what I can tell it's a 2007 Marlin that sold for $550. Been lubing and adjusting it. Runs pretty good. Will need new tires soon. Can't get the front Derailleur to work, I think the handlebar controller is jammed up.
Took her out for a shake down ride yesterday. Ran great...I'm pretty out of shape though 15 miles total. Installed new tires and tubes, new left side shifter, grips, and total lube and adjust

Attachments

• IMG_4325.jpg
    IMG_4325.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 20
That depends on one's perspective. A purist would ask why taint a wonderful vintage bicycle with such an abomination?
You can get motor in hub front wheels which is a good commuter option too. My buddy rode his bike about 5 miles each way to work for most of winter. Its about 250' vertical down to work, so it was nice to have the motor on the way home. Then in the summer for rec riding, he takes the hub motor front wheel off and puts the regular one back on.

Back